Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Forest sell off – update
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member
    ononeorange

Excellent news if true, but I think that this is just surmise at present based on the fact that Dave said yesterday in Parliament that he thought the idea was rubbish (in effect). He changes his mind with the wind, so let’s see. Fingers crossed!

(If it is true, I might even be prepared to admit that there is some tiny semblance of democracy left in this country, and it’s not just a mad right-wing dictatorship!).

carbon337
    Free Member

Its just an opportunity for them to go in the back door with there plans now.

Dont trust them, any of them….. They’re all evil.

Seriously though I doubt they will fully drop the plans, they will come back with a reworked worse plan.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

I think we have to be careful in what we are asuming here, a lot of the words and quotes refer to a “change of plan” and “new panel of experts”

I think what we are going to see is rather than a wholesale sell off of land and then maintain some form of public access they will lease pockets of land to sustainable firms with a short term reduction in public access maybe somthing like 5 years

Kuco

new panel of experts

So they just wasted a ton of money trying to do this and now they are going to waste a load more on a new panel.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Original plan = 40% reduction in FC funding resulting in a 15% estate sell off amongst other things.

Protest starts

New Plan = 100% Sell Off

Protest reaches crescendo

Revert to Original plan while protesters pat themselves on back

Smoke screen!

neninja
    Free Member

The media do seem to be making a lot of assumtions based on what DC said yesterday.
    Until the government confirm that it’s been dropped, I think we have to work on the basis that it’s still a very real threat.

Drac

I agree with Carbon and Berm, yeah a win but what are the heading will they use sneaky tactics to sell bits off at a time.

kaesae
    Free Member

They will simply move onto selling something else! that’s how politics works, it’s simply a distraction while the rich grow more powerful and gain more influence over our lives.

verses

Original plan = 40% reduction in FC funding resulting in a 15% estate sell off amongst other things.

Protest starts

New Plan = 100% Sell Off

Protest reaches crescendo

Revert to Original plan while protesters pat themselves on back

Smoke screen!

Can we get some t-shirts made up with that on?!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Forest sell off – update’ is closed to new replies.