Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Forest of Dean Uplift – Mud XR Vs XR4 Vs Something Else
  • neiloxford
    Free Member

Going in 10 days time with a turner 5 spot with 160mmm fox.

Only got Bonty Mud XR 2.0 and Bonty XR4 2.35 tires. Which would you use? Or would it have to be something else?

wilko1999
    Free Member

If you ride anything other than the new GBU track, you’ll want something that’s half decent on wet roots! Your XR4 2.35’s I reckon would be a pretty good choice out of your two options. In your ‘something else’ category I’d say Minions front and rear, very popular on the DH’s at FoD as with everywhere really.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Went to the FOD in the summer on the blue and the red and remember the roots (particularly on the red) now you mention it…I assume the uplift area is like the red, ie rooty!?

If I went for the minions, would you suggest 2.35 or 2.5? Also, any view on the compound?

karen805
    Free Member

I rode there (uplift) in the wet yesterday (mostly Sheep Skull) with 2.35 tacky Minions. Didn’t struggle with grip at all, roots were pretty tacky.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Yeah pretty much all the DH’s are well rooty, and great fun. Compound and size, dunno really depends on how you ride. There are so many options with the Minion. I used to run 2.35 60a’s for everything XC and DH but if it was purely for uplifted DH’ing I’d probably choose 2.5 42a front, 2.5 60a rear, both dual-ply.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Looks like the DHR II might be even better?

Tempted to try a 2.4 DHR II and a 2.5 DHF…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean Uplift – Mud XR Vs XR4 Vs Something Else’ is closed to new replies.