Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Forest of dean – uplift – Flyup – anyone tried this yet ?
  • JPcapel
    Free Member

Seen the plug on STW news re. flyup doing uplift at Forest of dean.

Anyone local and familar with the trials? How do they compare to Cwmcarn or UKBikepark?
    Can I canvass views on whether its worth a visit?
    Video makes trials look rather tame…..
    Guys in video are riding DH bikes and trials don't look that "hardcore".

I went to UKbikepark 2 weekends back and thought was a great place so wonder is Forest of Dean trials worth making a trip to?
    Thanks.

zangolin
    Free Member

See this thread – for more info – uplift does not start till 29 May.
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fod-uplift-trails-on-stw-video-look-a-little-tame

Defo worth a visit vid does not really show any of the DH stuff.

chakaping
    Free Member

I went to UKbikepark 2 weekends back

Thread hijack – I'll be staying near this place in September but will only have my Cove Handjob with me, is it worth taking it there?

JPcapel
    Free Member

chakaping

probably depends on your riding. The handjob is the steel hardtail I think.
    I don't think you'd get much out of the park on such a bike.
    All the downhills could be ridden, but you would get shaken about.
    The drops range from say 2ft upwards, so again measure this against your riding.
    Most riders had full on DH bikes or playbikes, a few youngens had hardtail jump bikes and were doing well on them.
    Was a well run, friendly place with excellent trials. A full day only scratched the surface of the place.
    Found the 4X track a disappointment, Vs Chicksands.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks, that's what I suspected tbh from looking at the website.

I'll stick to pootling round the New Forest I think.

Englishmastiff
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Yes you can ride all the trails on a hard tail. If you look at photo three and four on the website gallery, you will see a hardtail. This was being ridden by a very, very well known member of the MTB world.
    Those photos were taken on the press day. There were 10 inch Santa Cruz V10's and hard tails (as well as 2 prototype bikes, hush hush) All enjoyed it and got a lot out of the trails. It's one of those places that is as big or as small as you want it to be.
    There will be more detailed videos of the trails going on the web site this weekend so you can see the trails in full.
    Any more info, please feel free to email me.

Cheers all,

happy riding,

Simon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Forest of dean – uplift – Flyup – anyone tried this yet ?’ is closed to new replies.