Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Forest of Dean this Friday
  • paulneenan76
    Free Member

Ok so been loads. Really enjoy it as a day away for play, any further is boy’s weekend territory, and usually do Verderers a couple times, Freeminers twice maybe, then Launchpad, and then any of the half dozen DH tracks, bypassing the sections requiring bigger nuts. I always intend to seek out other stuff like the Enduro event trail and other local off-piste bits but haven’t and would like to. Any recommendations very close by to trail centre – I don’t have garmin so uploading a route is no good.
    Ta

russyh
    Free Member

It’s very difficult to explain some of the routes as obviously nothing is sign posted. What time are you riding Friday? Maybe worth posting on some facebook pages to see if there is anyone local to show you some routes? I would be happy to but I’m working Friday and would likely only be out later afternoon now. If you head back at a weekend in the future I am happy to show you some off piste bits

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Thanks RussyH. Its a 2 hour drive so I go no more than a few times a year but maybe next time.

If you or anyone could point me to the start of the Enduro circuit, that’d be ideal.

russyh
    Free Member

I certainly can, probably best to drop me an email its in my profile. I will try my best to explain to you. Its pretty easy to be honest.

Russ

timidwheeler

The enduro route is marked on this map. It is marked in some places but is not easy to follow. That said, trying to follow it is a good way to explore.

http://pedalabikeaway.co.uk/trails/advance-mtbenduro/

Anyone know if the top of launch pad is open?

russyh
    Free Member

It was open on Tuesday night from what I could see. We rode up the pedal up on route over to Shutcastle

rOcKeTdOg

I will be there tomorrow showing a newb around the way marked stuff, buy me some cake!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Bring your wellies, its pissing down.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Weather report was great. Sounds like they’ve got that wrong then.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Stopped raining!

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’ll be there in a couple of hours if you want someone to ride with. On a current model Boardman FS pro

rOcKeTdOg

Just got back, sunny blue skies & empty trails 8)

mikertroid
    Free Member

Nice ride but didn’t do more than the verderers and a few jumps as gears were all over the place. Then on closer inspection I’d snapped a spike probably at the jumps at the bottom of GBU. Thought against doing anything else.

Then on the drive home to drop the bike off for wheel tweaks got nerfed by an HGV that closed the door on me in a filter lane, despite having passed him (he sped up). He’d just jumped some red lights so clearly a nutter! £3.3ks worth of damage and didn’t get his number as it wasn’t safe to stop.

Not a great day but no one got hurt. Met Paul and his mates too.

flatpat
    Free Member

Ouch.

We were there today too. Tried the Freeminer’s extension which was new to us and fun, in a rooty slippery kind of way. A perfect trail for non downhillers who want to get away from the manicured stuff. Still enjoy the Verderers though.

In the past have started at Viney Hill and randomly trekked across the forest which was surprisingly enjoyable. Not something I’d do in the muddy seasons though.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Cheers for the email, Russ, really appreciate it.

Great to see you Mike. Sounds like a bad end to a good day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean this Friday’ is closed to new replies.