Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Forest of Dean – Shutcastle ??
  • TheWrongTrousers

Can anyone tell me where/ how to find the Shutcastle trail in the FoD ?
    Mucho appreciated, in advance

smatkins1
    Free Member

If you have a look at this ride of mine and nosey around on the map. I went to ride some of the Shutcastle trails at the start.

https://www.strava.com/activities/737290245/

TheWrongTrousers

Ta very much smatkins !

russyh
    Free Member

Happy to take you over there via the dowies at some point if you fancy someone showing you? Alternatively I have a few routes on my strava as well

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

If you know the Dowies and Dowies 5 which use to finish on the fireroad turn right on that and about 100 yards up there you will see where some of the Shutcastle trails finish the start to them is about 1 mile up the fireroad really good one on the left side of the fireroad theres quite a few now.

mboy
    Free Member

If you know the Dowies and Dowies 5 which use to finish on the fireroad turn right on that and about 100 yards up there

No no no no no… The ONLY way to Shutcastle from Dowies is via Murdoch’s! 😀

There’s soooooo many trails at Shutcastle now, I’m not sure I know em all even. Samsoldtrail is always a class one to finish on though.

May be back up there again Sunday given how good it was riding last weekend and the lack of rain!

SOAP
    Free Member

Herd it was all shut. #trailsabotage

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Murdochs as in motor bike trail 😀

mattsccm
    Free Member

Just up through the woods from my place! 😉 thats all you need to know.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Still pretty good conditions down there best I have seen it in December for years bit of plain top part of road to pedalway closed centre packed for mini downhill but rest of Forest very quite few around Dowies did not see anyone around shutcastle obviously my directions were crap above 😆

TheWrongTrousers

Thanks everybody !
    Cheers russyh, might take you upon that sometime …..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean – Shutcastle ??’ is closed to new replies.