Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Forest of Dean route please
  • chrisw333
    Free Member

Hi

I’m looking for a decent loop in the Forest of Dean – mainly off piste stuff but possibly linking in with the best parts of the Verderes trail (but probably not the downhill tracks). Poss 15-20 miles or so.

Has anyone got any recommendations, or even better point me in the direction of a good gpx?

Thanks for your help.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Do the first half of the red then when the red and blue join together switch to the blue. It’ll only be 10 miles or so. Might be there tomorrow myself for a 15/17 mile off piste ride

russyh
    Free Member

Chris, there was a big thread on this here recently try searching else you are welcome to pinch one of my routes from strava just search me

russyh
    Free Member

In fact I may be there late tomorrow afternoon work dependant so could possibly tag on. Even if we stay close to cannop it’s off piste

chrisw333
    Free Member

Thanks Russ
    I did do a search, but obviously not hard enough – will check again!
    It’s for a group trip (9 of us) in June on way back from Quantocks & Exmoor.
    I’ll try to find you on Strava (sent a follow request – hope it’s you!), but if there’s a particular one you recommend then that would be fantastic.

mboy
    Free Member

It’s for a group trip (9 of us) in June on way back from Quantocks & Exmoor.

Get a guide… SERIOUSLY!

Trying to remember a route you’ve perhaps ridden once, or only got on GPX, round the FoD is going to get you lost, and end up with a wasted opportunity! Suggest you either contact one of the local guiding companies down there and stump up some cash, or ask one of us off here that knows the place fairly intimately now and appeal to our better nature! 😉

mikertroid
    Free Member

Happy to go take peeps around for a slice of cake from the cafe!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean route please’ is closed to new replies.