Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Forest of Dean – Recommend me a Camp Site please
  • matty456
    Free Member

As above, would like as near as possible to FOD. Looking to go end of July for 1 or 2 nights, four of us, 1 tent. Also is there a good pub nearby?
    Cheers.

collostomy
    Free Member

Depends what your after, for a family campsite I can recommend http://www.greenwayfarm.moonfruit.com
    Rushmere Farm campsite is near Coleford and close to Cannop for the trail center.

oliverracing

I would recommend the campsite at symonds yat east, 2 minute walk from saracens head pub (amazing food) and a 5 mile ride (into back side of trail center) or 10 mile drive to the FoD trails (uphill on the way there, downhill back)

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

+1 for Symonds Yat East, even though I normally like it quieter and choose to camp a few miles away, it is a great pub and location. Good for trying out kayaking too…

Veero
    Free Member

Whitemead Forest Park in Parkend is good. It’s not exactly a campsite but it’s got a swimming pool and all that sort of stuff. Last minute pitches can be had very cheaply if they have spares.

wilko1999
    Free Member

I’d say Whitemead too. Fountain Inn nearby is pretty good and there’s a bike shop just round the corner. Oh, and it’s right smack bang in the middle of miles of cracking unofficial trails. And a short cycle-path ride to the trail centre if you prefer that sort of thing.

ransos
    Free Member

Whitemead if you have kids – the indoor pool and soft play are a lifesaver if it’s raining. Plus the trail centre is only a short ride away.

matty456
    Free Member

Thanks all. Lots of good places to go by the sounds of it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean – Recommend me a Camp Site please’ is closed to new replies.