Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • forest of dean downhill
  • iridebikes
    Free Member

Is the dh there any good? We’re thinking of going tomorow, and want some tough tracks to ride. are they actually a challenge? How do the tracks compare to somewhere like cwm carn etc?

Also, does anyone know a postcode or road name for where we need to park?

Thanks

trusty

I’ve not ridden Cwm carn for a while so my memorys a bit hazy. Anyways, the dh runs in the fod are a fair bit shorter than CC, but there are plenty of them. Corkscrew, sheepskull and the ski run are all very good runs plus there’s flatlands, the OC and others to mix it up from below where the uplift drops off. Features / drops are smaller (from memory) than CC but plenty to keep you in your toes. Google pedal bike away or fly up uplift for postcode / directions

chojin
    Free Member

I’m going to FoD tomorrow, see you there 🙂

Sorry I can’t answer any of your questions though!

*edit* look out for a fat bloke mincing around (and I do mean *mincing*) on a white ASR5.

kimbers

well its not the steepest terrain in the world
    and the trails are shorter than cc
    and much less rocky than cwm carn, its all wood dirt and roots
    there are 4 or 5 trails and some jumps and stuff
    if youre doing the uplift you can get more runs in than cwm carn

its lots of fun, not the most technical dh track you can easily thrash it on a 160mm fs or a hardtail for that matter

supersaiyan
    Free Member

GL16 7EH, aim for the pedalaway bike centre.
    Like Trusty says: runs are more numerous and varied, rootier but shorter. Everything is rollable on a HT but gets tougher the faster you go. The only drop i can remember at CC has been dumbed down so i reckon they’re on a par now. Enjoy!

trusty

After doing the bottom of the corkscrew and the ski run on a 150mm fs I’d question the “easily”. Yep, you can do them on a hardtail,and probably on a cx bike if you’re man enough (I’m not)but the popularity of the runs since the uplift started means they’re pretty beaten up now. Still bloody good fun though

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘forest of dean downhill’ is closed to new replies.