Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Forest of Dean conditions this weekend?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Can anyone local comment on the conditions/weather of the Forest of Dean area this weekend? Considering going down tomorrow but not if its been too wet as I dont like driving 2 hours to ride in a bog!

Met Office site says rain tonight and tomorrow morning but it hasn’t been very accurate for my area – we were predicted heavy rain last night and this afternoon but instead had a light shower followed by a sunny afternoon!

Cheers 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

i am in Cheltenham, so 20miles ish, it has been raining for 2hours? so far and this is proper rain, on top of the thunder storm last night. I suspect that there will be a fair amount of standing water.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Mostly trees isntit. But seriously, if you’re going to ride after a night of rain it’s probably the best place to do it. psling will be along shortly.

timpol
    Free Member

Went on the uplift today, it was very wet earlier. Quite slippery with all the roots. Top of sheep skull is shut. Started to dry out but was still very slippery, think it’s due to rain later which will add to the fun!!

_tom_
    Free Member

hm may head to stile cop or something then, never seems to get too muddy there thanks to the stony surface 🙂

I love the full run of sheepskull as well!

timpol
    Free Member

On a better note the guy running the uplift was tops, a really good day considering the conditions!

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah the FoD uplift service is spot on, definitely gonna have to get on that again this summer 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

I’m in Monmouth and we’ve had some rain today, but it’s meant to chuck it down overnight. The ground is so hard at the moment though it’ll prolly just put a nice lethal smear of very slippy mud on top.

mattsccm
    Free Member

It pissed down friday night and saturday morning. No rain from late morning til about 5.30 then it rained like hell. Was still hammering down in the early hours but the roads are now drying out. Thats in Bream, 3 miles from the cycle centre. I’m off out in a bit after I fit a rear mudgaurd. went out yesterday am and did a 15 mile loop on the gravel on my cx bike.came back with an arse full of grit from the spray alone. It will be slippery. Excellent as long as you stay away from the vandalised areas (where gravel has been laid).

sofaking
    Free Member

at least it should be quiet as Tollah is up in Scotland

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean conditions this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.