Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Forest of Dean conditions?
  • Dekerf853

Planning to go tomorrow to do some ‘trail centre’ and some off-piste (if I can find it, last time I went was a few years ago).

We seem to have had a lot of rain, but hopefully drying out a bit today.

How is it riding?

Thanks.

Trimix
    Free Member

Someone please tell him, as I too may go there over the weekend.

poey50
    Free Member

Very muddy on the Freeminer’s extension yesterday.

trusty

Had a spin after work yesterday. The new bits of the freeminers I rode were pretty slick, and the short section of the verderers was just wet. I had a play on the off piste stuff in between the centre and Elwood and that was pretty slick! It’s dry and breezy here so should start to dry.

trusty

Had a spin after work yesterday. The new bits of the freeminers I rode were pretty slick, and the short section of the verderers was just wet. I had a play on the off piste stuff in between the centre and Elwood and that was pretty slick! It’s dry and breezy here so should start to dry a bit for tomorrow, but it looks like more rain for Sunday

mattsccm
    Free Member

Just pissed it down on the washing which will be my fault. Been heavy occasional showers for a few days. Shouldn’t think it will make any difference to any?thing at all.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Soaking, got caught in that down pour

fodmtb
    Free Member

Off piste still great fun

russyh
    Free Member

Heading up this afternoon will report back later.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Boar are awake. Well at 8 am they were. Bloody great thing wanted to take my front wheel out.
    It’s sunny now.

Dekerf853

Thanks all.

The consensus seems to be that it might be OK but it might be a bit muddy. 🙂

trusty

Something like that 😉 it’ll be wet, and the off piste will be muddy. Where abouts were you heading?

Dekerf853

Trying to follow a GPX file from a ride a few years ago, with somebody who seemed to know it pretty well.
    The highlight was some off-piste stuff near Ellwood, is that still there?
    Any route recommendations welcome!

Thanks.

trusty

That’s probably dowies, and it’s still there. It gets wet but not really muddy

robd

Have the FC destroyed anymore fun stuff on any off piste riding in the last week anyone know?

wilko1999
    Free Member

They’ve removed the tree jump and log drop into the bombhole on Frying Pan. Also not sure if the first jump has been demolished on Fetter Hill or its just fallen into disrepair.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean conditions?’ is closed to new replies.