Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Forest of Dean
  • astura
    Free Member

Another one for me to visit, I haven’t been here before and I’m planning on going Sunday which they do have an enduro on, does this effect normal riding? (Basically is it shut to the public?)

m0rk
    Free Member

If it’s ‘open’ you certainly won’t be able to park anywhere near

I’d go next weekend instead

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Forest is a great place takes a while to know your way round though.Car park will be a nightmare if there is something on.Go Saturday or as said above next week.

astura
    Free Member

Only got Sunday free, may have to pick somewhere else

iffoverload
    Free Member

you could park at beechenhurst lodge, a 10 minute ride from the cycle center

astura
    Free Member

So will it only be a section of the trail shut off?

tomkerton
    Free Member

Went to the FOD mini Enduro last year to watch. I’d go somewhere else if you want to ride if I were you. Busy everywhere.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Go to ribbesford… It’s about 25 minutes from FOD and is ace. Post code is DY12 2TX

astura
    Free Member

Iv done Ribbesford – its really good now especially now its been changed,, but want somewhere diffewrent – any ideas??

CheesybeanZ

If your going to ride Verderers and Freeminers they won’t be affected by the enduro , only the parking will be a problem . As said park at Beachenhurst and ride round to the pedleaway centre .

astura
    Free Member

Great stuff, will do that

astura
    Free Member

Just took a look at the freeminers trail, does it have any jumps/drops?

kedmun
    Free Member

What time you thinking of going? I was there maybe end of March and there was an Enduro event on – X-Fusion I think. No parts of the trail (Verderers) were closed. I tend to get there pretty early to get a quiet lap of Verderers in, have a coffee and cake, then one more lap and I’m gone by 11:30 or so.

Trail was fine in the AM, but was getting extremely busy when I left – car park completely full too. I park at Cannop Ponds for free and take the family trail in. If you’re wanting to do a mix of Verderers, Freeminers and some DH trails and spend all day there, I’d go somewhere else, not sure where though! If you’re not too far maybe keep going to cwmcarn? An hour west of FOD… Or head to Crickhowell and do a big natural loop around some of the Black Mountains. 🙂

kedmun
    Free Member

Freeminers has some pretty hefty table tops at the start – but not many drops or other jumps IIRC…someone may mention otherwise. I did it once or twice but it’s pretty knackered trail now – and I’m a wimp when it comes to roots all over, before and after berms… 😆

CheesybeanZ

They’ve done a fair bit of maintenance on freeminers and put some gentle kicker and a bit more boardwalk in

kedmun
    Free Member

CheesybeanZ – Member
    They’ve done a fair bit of maintenance on freeminers and put some gentle kicker and a bit more boardwalk in

Might have to try it again in that case

fodmtb
    Free Member

As previously mentioned its recommended if your not racing the MiniEnduro park at Beechenhurst. Freeminer trail recent improvements by the DTV include some table tops and small jumps. Both Verderers and Freeminer trails wont be impacted by the race however riders might use one part of verderers to get to on of the stage starts.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean’ is closed to new replies.