Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Foreign bike sites like STW & Retrobike.co.uk?
  • psychle
    Free Member

I'm selling a (potentially) silly expensive bike collectors item, currently listed on ebay.co.uk. I'd like to mention it on a few overseas sites, especially US as I reckon they'd be the ones most interested in it, also ze Germans are supposed to be quite keen on retro collectibles as well? Have popped a message on mtbr.com, but I figure there'll be other sites more orientated to retro stuff (and yes, I've mentioned it on retrobike.co.uk).

All suggestions welcomed, and if someone is a member of any sites, I'd love it if you could help out with a friendly mention 🙂 A donation to STW would certainly be in order I'm sure 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

no-one have any suggestions? or is it too cheeky a question?

alpin
    Free Member

mtb_news.de
    look at the 'bikemart' section. you do need to pay a one off fee of 5€ in order to sell on the site, but it covers germany, austria and switzerland…

psychle
    Free Member

howdy alpin, thanks for the link, I was hoping you might pop up for this one 🙂 With mtb-news.de, I guess I'll need to post in German? Which I can't do… don't suppose you can help out? 🙂

Any other suggestions STW? thanks!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Try this
    ACHTUNG!, ICH HAVE EIN (insert name here) FOR SALE, IST NEIN KRANKEN, IST GUT, YA?, PREIS(insert price here)EURO. GOT IN HIMMEL!, IST NICHE GROSE PREIS, YA?

slimtubing
    Free Member
    alpin
    Free Member

lettuce know what you want translating….

B.A.nana is on the right track, aparrt from the lack of ability to speak or write german….

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I was wondering about this too, I'm selling some very nice track hubs. In the end I've decided putting them on the bay for a week with obvious international postage will be enough. They've been up for less than 24hrs now with plenty of international bids and are already at around half of what I think they will go for. 99p starting price too 😀

psychle
    Free Member

I think I cocked up with my international posting bit on my ad 🙁 don't know if this will affect things or not, I can't edit it after a bid is received, so I think I might be screwed 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Foreign bike sites like STW & Retrobike.co.uk?’ is closed to new replies.