Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fords with the Sony DAB radio and integrated phone unit.
  • cb

Anyone got one – been trying to work out how to go through the contacts list on the phone and can only seem to manage one contact at a time. Is there a button on the steering wheel that allows page by page searching?

Thanks

showerman
    Free Member

if you have a new motor check the ford web site,boss at work has a new mondey and has to get a new phone as it will not work with head unit

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’ve got one and as far as i can work out there’s no alternative to the long scroll. though if you hold the scroll down it does eventually start jumping on in bigger increments than one by one.

cb

Thanks flatboy, that’s as far as I had got. Seems odd there’s not a page scroll or similar.

Cougar

Hold the button down and it scrolls by page rather than singly.

TBH though, it’s still bobbins; far better to set up voice dialling on the numbers you call frequently.

molgrips
    Free Member

I bought a Pioneer double din unit for my VW. God it’s awful. All you get is pages of 8 contacts at a time, you can jump to A-C, D-F etc but that’s it. Given that it’s down low on the centre console it’s so dangerous I daren’t use it at all.

I doubt it’s the same issue you have but I think I’m going to try uploading only the 8-10 people I’m likely to call to the unit itself, with pictures.

BlobOnAStick

Mine’s got numbers along the top of the control panel that correspond to the letters on your phone, so if you want to go to B thten you press 1 twice. Works ok, but it lists everything surname first which means I have to remember if I’ve saved a number as “John Mobile” as I won’t find it under J.

terrahawk
    Free Member

My S-Max has got one. Pile of crap. not only does it only allow scrolling through the contacts with no means of shortcutting to a first letter, but it also somehow drags all of my bloody twitter contacts out of the phone too!

molgrips
    Free Member

but it also somehow drags all of my bloody twitter contacts out of the phone too!

That’s probably your phone.. my Android one does stuff like that.

nickdavies

Mine’s got the sat nav and has a keypad like a phone you can use for the letter sort. The Sony DAB I demoed had 6 buttons across the top and you just pushed the button marked with the right letter to get to that entry in your phone book. I think there’s 2 types of Sony dab though, one is much more minimalist so you might not have that row of buttons.

It’s not great though – especially as my iphone sorts some contacts by last name, some by first name and the ford system only lets you skip to the first letter on the listing.

theflatboy
    Free Member

that’s interesting – mine has the row of numbers across the headunit but i never thought to use them for that. will give it a go when i’m back home.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fords with the Sony DAB radio and integrated phone unit.’ is closed to new replies.