Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ford remote car key replacement-how much!?
  • PGreen
    Free Member

Managed to lose my Ford Focus (54 reg, mk1 face lift model) remote car key just before Christmas on a train, no sign of them turning up in lost property so time to replace as reliance on the spare non remote key is getting tire some.

Went to local Ford dealer who want best part of 200 quid to replace. Is this a suitable punishment for the stupid who lose their keys or is there other options? I know non remote keys can be had from third party key people but is remote a dealer only job?

IHN

No, you can get them from a independent automotive locksmith, but they’re still expensive, probably looking at £150.

trail_rat
    Free Member

peugeot wanted 300 note to replace my NON REMOTE NON ALARM key with imobiliser chip ……

so thats cheap for all singing all dancing

FuzzyWuzzy

Battery went in one of my keys and they’re not officially replaceable (I guess Apple and BMW share similar business practices :p ) so it would be £90 for a replacement key pfft. Thankfully my second key is still going strong…

gifferkev

ebay for key parts, and you can set the alarm yourself. Ford had the only machine to cut the blade when i did mine. depending on age you might be able to set the immobilser yourself as well. I couldn’t. and ended up paying about £120 all-in, still better than the £190+vat ford wanted for the whole shebang.

andydicko
    Free Member

PGreen, where are you mate? I might be able to help.

Marko

Remotes here:

http://www.hickleys.com/diagnostics/keys_list.php?cat=102&manu=11

You’ll also need the blade and a garage with Ford IDS diagnostic tool (a few independent garages have this tool) or a lock smith with a suitable machine.I’m not sure if the remotes can be programmed to another vehicle, but one option would be a new blade and a second hand remote from a write off.

Cheap option is just get your mechanical key cloned at your local High street key cutter
    Hth
    Marko

totalshell

keys are available form the high street HOWEVER some makes models windows are impossible except from main dealer. key for my trafic was 181 plus vat for the freelander i had to take the car to the maindealer to get the thing programmed to the actual car..( luckly warranty work!)

PGreen
    Free Member

Andydicko, I’m Hertfordshire but travel around a fair bit (even can get to Scotland!)

andydicko
    Free Member

Hmmm, bit too far out of the way mate.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m sure I got one for my Transit (exactly the same thing) for under £100 from a mobile lock smith. Hit google & yell and get some quotes.
    Edit

or a lock smith with a suitable machine.I’m not sure if the remotes can be programmed to another vehicle, but one option would be a new blade and a second hand remote from a write off.

Exactly what they did, took about 30 mins.

cp

I smell spam round here

mtbmaff
    Free Member

I had to do this last year (02 plate Focus) cost £80 from a key guy in the High St. Sorted very quickly and without problem. Hope this was of help?

takisawa2

A car alarm firm in Cannock were able to do it when I was trying to replace the remote on an old Rover. Had to have the car for an hour. Was a seperate remote though.

br
    Free Member

£280 for one for my Jag, it only came with one key and you have to get it programmed at the dealer (probably a good idea, otherwise anyone could do it).

Needless to say since I only spent £1100 on the car I haven’t bought another key…

dooosuk
    Free Member

By one off Ebay and then program it yourself:
    http://www.programyourremote.com/classified/DisplayAd.asp?id=519

I did my MIL Mazda 6 with no problems whatsoever.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think the OP may have sorted his issue…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ford remote car key replacement-how much!?’ is closed to new replies.