Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ford ranger
  • jk1980
    Free Member

Does anyone have a ford ranger double cab pickup used for carrying bikes? Just wondering if its big enough to have both bike wheels on and have the front wheel hanging over the tailgate? Eg with the Dakine pickup pad or similar on the tailgate.

neninja
    Free Member

I have a Ranger double cab with a hardtop and can fit 5 bikes inside the back comfortably with the front wheels out.

It will fit one bike in easily with the wheels in.

It would easily carry several bikes hung over the rear tailgate I would think but I prefer to keep them inside the back.

jk1980
    Free Member

That’s good news, thank you. I’m really surprised that the bed is big enough to carry a single bike with the wheels still on. Is that with the tailgate down or up?

neninja
    Free Member

Tailgate up and window closed on the hardtop.

Can fit the 5 inch full suspension bike which is a pretty long bike diagonally in the back. The hardtail which is shorter fits in more easily.

Mine is the older shape Ranger, not sure how the newer one compares but have fitted 4 full suspension bikes and kit for a long weekend in the back with the front wheels out plus 4 people inside before.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ford ranger’ is closed to new replies.