Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ford Mondeo estate rear squarty not working???
  • Rochey
    Free Member

I have a 04 estate and all of a sudden teh rear wash wipe (squarty) has given up the ghost,

Does anyone know why, also how to fix it.

Cheers

khani
    Free Member

if the wipers wipeing but no squarty check the pipes not popped off (both ends) if no wiper as well check fuses and see if you can hear if the motor is working, if not price up a motor from a breakers

spooky_b329

Mine was the same, the jet was bunged up. Tried to clear it with a pin with no success, started dribbling and then popped off, flooding the inside of the rear window with screenwash 🙄

I got a new one in the end from Fords parts desk, cost a couple of quid, turned up within a couple of hours for collection. Easy to fit, can't remember if I just had to remove a couple of screws to remove some internal trim or if I removed the high level brake light. Either way, it was obvious and quite easy.

Remove the jet and check the screenwash quirts out the pipe before buying another though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    foureyes
    Free Member

check its not leaking inside the headlining. my hatch had a pipe join which was a friction fit sleeve right above the rear middle seat… genius

had to pop the deadlining down and reconnect, that was it. now i think twice about using the rear washer in freezing weather

steveh

On my mondeo the pump had gone and needed to be replaced, it was only £60ish fitted though.

Rochey
    Free Member

spooky you are spot on. I'll get a new jet.

Cheers

spooky_b329

Happy to help 🙂

Steve…did you really just type only £60! Ouch! Edit: Just noticed that included fitting, so not so bad.

Rochey
    Free Member

spooky,

How easy was it to remove the old one (if you remember)

fubar
    Free Member

mine too…the hose had become disconnected and was leaking just above the rear drivers-side seatbelt point in the lining. Ford dealer put it back together whilst under warranty (twice) …don't use it much now as I'm expecting it would do the same again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ford Mondeo estate rear squarty not working???’ is closed to new replies.