Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Ford Kuga – does anyone have one?
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

sounds interesting. here we have Zetec (base), Titanium, Titanium X and the top spec Titanium X Sport on the mk2.

I picked up the new (to me) mk1 Kuga Titanium yesterday afternoon. reset the trip computer before setting off, by the time I got home it was showing 42.9mpg average for the (mostly cross-country) trip. Went from Baildon to Queensbury via Bingley & Denholme (looking for snow!), then back via Bradford (granted, it was 10.30pm) & still showing 41+

they say the footprint isn’t much bigger than the Focus on which it’s based but I’m not sure about that. It’s on the drive now, as far on as I can get it & still open the tailgate, and the nose is definitely overhanging the pavement a bit. Definitely wider and most definitely taller, and a lot roomier, than the old car (Citroen C4). Technically the boot is the same size but I seem to be able to get a lot more in. maybe it’s the lack of lip when loading

chestrockwell

We’ve got a Mk2 2.0d 4×4 Titanium and think it’s ace. I was happy to get the 2wd but after the last weeks snow around here I’m glad we got the 4wd as it’s got me and our lass to work where a 2wd would have struggled.

Fuel wise I’m happy enough. As mentioned the official combined figure is high 40’s and mine will happily get 45ish on a decent run and 40mpg is usual with plenty of town driving chucked in.

Don’t know what planet the person earlier who said it’s basically a Focus so why bother is on. We changed from a 62reg Focus hatch because of the extra room, especially in the back. The rear door is huge compared to the Focus which really helps when lumping our 1yr old in and out of his car seat. The extra height of the boot and how the rear seats fit in the boot really make a difference as well. The interior is similar to the Focus but finished to a higher standard with extra bits of padding here and there.

Overall I’m very happy with it. They hold their money well too so that’s always worth considering.

john_drummer
    Free Member

and here it is. shame about the finger but hey you get the idea

br
    Free Member

I’d appreciate your opinion when you get it. It’s nearly new company car time and I’ve currently got a 190BHP Auto Freelander. It’s been discontinued and the replacement Discovery Sport is a bit salty pricewise. An Evoque is a possibility, but it doesn’t quite fit with the company ‘image’.

My wife has the same Freelander, hadn’t realised they’ve discontinued them. That’ll be a difficult decision as she always says the Disco’s are too big and Evoque are bought by certain types of ‘people’. 🙂

chestrockwell

Think the Disco Sport is just the new Freelander but with a name change to bring it in line with the Range Rovers?

number18
    Free Member

My OH has a 2009 2 litre diesel Titaniam 4wd, previously had a 2012 1.5D Qashqai n-tec+.

Excellent in the snow. Although we miss the camera parking aid and built in Sat Nav on the Qashqai (and its 47mpg), we prefer the Kuga. Heated leather seats, bigger inside and out and 4wd in the snow, all that makes it feels like a more substantial vehicle.

Only does about 35mpg but our mileage has reduced recently so that’s not an issue. Still good compared to my car that gets 22mpg!

john_drummer
    Free Member

you can get heated seats? why wasn’t I told? 🙁

chestrockwell

Forgot to mention we tested a Qashqai when we were looking to change. It was a very nice car but not really bigger then the Focus and just didn’t seem as solid as the Kuga.

Did a 70 mile trip in mine today through Bradford and Leeds. Got 39mpg.

john_drummer
    Free Member

That’s good going through Bradford and Leeds

chestrockwell

I know, was quite surprised myself.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Ok, just done my first brim to brim, two fillings.
    Mostly urban – only been Baildon – Barnsley & back once in the last 2 weeks, and the outbound was mostly cross country rather than motorway.

418 miles from 55.33 litres = 34mpg. Not bad, not far off the claimed urban consumption of 37.1

Considering I used to get at most 370 miles from 50 litres of unleaded in the Citroen C4, and this is a 2 tonne plus SUV, I’m pretty happy with that.

chestrockwell

Yep, similar to what I find. Good motors.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Ford Kuga – does anyone have one?’ is closed to new replies.