Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ford Focus – possible CV joint problems ?
  • silverside
    Free Member

on my 2006 ford focus hatchback
    while I steer to full lock, at low speeds, I hear a creaking sound from the left front wheel area. This is only while actually moving the steering wheel – while driving slowly at full lock no further noise appears.

any ideas what it might be – i got it second hand a few months ago and think its still under warranty, so will get them to take a look at it – but any extra info (or even pointers to a specific motor forum) would be appreciated. I wouldnt think CV joints would go at 2 years old, but could be wrong !

(and i know this should be in the Off Topic forum – teething problems 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Just had that on my focus – drop link on the suspension – common issue

silverside
    Free Member

cheers, how much time / money did it cost to sort?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

was part of a big service – part is £25 plus fitting iirc

silverside
    Free Member

thank you.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Drop links are easy to check, can just about get away without needing to jack the car up too.
    If you do want to check them, they shouldn’t move at all – should be stiff.

Gary_C

Silverside,check out these sites:www.ffoc.co.uk & http://www.focusowners.com.
    You’ll need to register (like on here),to post a question,but i’m sure someone on there will know the answer.

rich-6
    Free Member

To find out if the droplinks are knarked, you need to jack the front end of the car up (both wheels) to take the weight off the ARB, If theres play in them they need replacing.

Generally a droplink will knock while driving over imperfections in the roads surface, If it doesnt do this I suspect something just needs a lube up ARB bushes tend to be my first point of call

silverside
    Free Member

yeah makes sense , i thought i heard a bang on a country road…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ford Focus – possible CV joint problems ?’ is closed to new replies.