Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ford focus keys – remote locking stopped working.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

colleague has a 11 plate ford focus –

both his keys have stopped unlocking by remote – 1 went then the other followed it a year or so later….

we changed batteries and followed the manuals protocol for resyncing them – right down to standing on one leg and waving your arm like a maddy……(ok i made that up)

any further ideas before ford fleece him for 2 new keys ?

(both will unlock manually and start the car – but only if he gets in and starts the car immediately – if he waits the alarm/immob sets off….

benji
    Free Member

Does the locking work from within the car? I have replaced a fuse in earlier versions, sticky door solenoid is usually the issue. Had a Jaguar the other day with a sticky boot solenoid, that blew the central locking fuse and then inhibited the vehicle from starting!

peterfile
    Free Member

Have you checked the fuse for your RF receiver?

On my old car, the alarm siren and RF receiver were hooked up to the same fuse. The siren was in a stupid place and the connector rusted, causing the fuse to blow…which in turn knocked out my RF receiver, so no central locking.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have not ….. but surely both keys would not be working at this point.

his sequentially went …. 1 key stopped working – followed by the other a year later – which is why we went straight to batteries…

I will go take a look in the fuse board.

trail_rat
    Free Member

the locking works manually if you turn the key – all 4 doors and the boot unlock.

peterfile
    Free Member

sorry TR, missed the bit about one key failing before the other.

benji
    Free Member

If it’s maunally unlock and start it straight away it’s lost the immobiliser module, that is the way to gain entry for the emergency uncoded key.

trail_rat
    Free Member

we got it ……

user error- he read his manual wrong. I went out to look at the fuses and had a go at programming it – worked first time.

benji
    Free Member

Excellent, problem solved, so it’s read the manual and then carry it out as told.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ford focus keys – remote locking stopped working.’ is closed to new replies.