Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ford Focus help !
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

Have a 08 focus cdti and it keeps cutting out while driving , loose power and power steering . It seems to do it when giving it a few revs . Any ideas guys ?

Many thanks

olly2097
    Free Member

Glow plug light flash?

Crank position sensor. Cheap fix.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Sadly could be lots of things. Get any codes read to give you a fighting chance. Diesel filter, pump, electrical, crank sensors , egr etc.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richieokeefe1
    Free Member

Could be anything like you say . Looks like a trip to the garage 🙁

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Mine was the speedo head. It went through three garages until me and an auto electrician diagnosed it.

benji
    Free Member

Just had one in this week, doing similar, the big giveaway was the speedometer dropping out, then it would shortly cut out, this was on a 51 plate, replaced speed sensor in the box and all was well.

TDC sensor doesn’t usually give codes, seen this alot on mondeos and transits.

Northwind

Olly’s described what I had- flashing glow plug light, also tach needle stayed in the position it was in when it cut out. Mostly happened under power so that fits too. Mine was a TDDI so not identical but a lot of the issues are shared. That was crank sensor, a very easy and cheap fix

Whereabouts are you? If you’re Edinburgh-ish I’ve got a fault code reader that’ll fit your car…

(If you’re halfway skilled and own a laptop (or a really long USB lead!) it’s a really good idea to get yourself a fault reader- the fsuper software and USB lead is superb, means you can read the codes yourself which can save a lot of hassle. Mine’s saved me hundreds of quid)

(Or, sometimes, it will tell you nothing useful at all- mine throws codes for “You’ve blanked off the EGR valve you bounder” but never gave me a code for “The turbo just exploded”, “The number 3 injector just completely filled its piston with diesel” or “The MAF sensor is senile”)

Actually I just picked up a wee bluetooth OBD transmitter which works with an android app called Torque- I haven’t used it yet but it’s cute and is supposed to be decent as a code reader. Very cheap.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ford Focus help !’ is closed to new replies.