Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ford focus – can you fold the seats down?
  • charliemort

Been offered a second hand focus – sorry I don’t know the year at the moment, which would obviously be useful!

However – been told the back seats don’t fold down. Is this Possible? Does any model of 5 door hatchback focus not have foldiing seats? I find this unlikely

Have googled and seems quite a lot of people think they don’t fold when they do

Thanks

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Had an 06 estate and an 08 5dr hatch and they both had split fold rear seats

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Of course they do, would be pretty comically crap for a family hatchback not to have folding rear seats!

Helios
    Free Member

Mine fold down. 06 hatchback.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I cant remember the last car I’ve been in that didnt have folding rear seats.
    My mum’s 51 plate ghia hatch has folding seats also.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

52plate hatch and folding rear seats.TBH I cant imagine any car company producing a hatch that didnt have folding rear seats

Duane…
    Free Member

If you’ve been told they don’t fold down by the current owner, could they be meaning that the mechanism is faulty?

johndoh
    Free Member

Or are people talking about the gawdawful ‘sedan’ booted one?

Although this picture seems to suggest they still fold…

Cougar

If you’ve been told they don’t fold down by the current owner, could they be meaning that the mechanism is faulty?

Could be meaning that the owner is faulty.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had a 56 plate. They folded. The question to ask is do the base as well as backs fold to give a flat load space. Much better for the bikes.

ISOFIX kiddy seats seam to lead to some seat bases not folding/lifting.

charliemort

owner is father of a colleague of my wife, and I’ve not met him – he has to stop driving due to dementia before anyone lobs too much abuse around, so needs to sell the car – which I haven’t seen yet

he and his daughters seem to think (via my wife) that the seats don’t fold down but I think they are probably mistaken – as suggested above

rocketman
    Free Member

They folded 60/40 on my 55 plate but not flat

Northwind

My ’52 folded nearly flat, in a very nice 60/40 split (better than my Mondeo in fact!). My dad’s 56 hatch also folds flat though not quite as well- as far as I recall it’s also 60/40.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ford focus – can you fold the seats down?’ is closed to new replies.