Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ford focus 1.6 se Zetec revving to 5000rpm without touching the accelerator
  • topmandom
    Free Member

hi all i need help with an issue on my 1.6 Zetec se 53 ford focus
    The problem is that when i turn the engine over it decides to rev to approximately 5000rpm without touching the Accelerator ?? So i plugged in my code reader as the engine management light lit up, it threw up a code which turned out to be the idle control valve so i replaced it and still didn’t fix the problem!! So i removed the idle control valve and turn the engine on and it was engaging, So i disconnected the idle control valve and check the connectors with a multimeter it read at 12.6volts so i know that working. I also check the breather pipes and air mass flow sensors they seem to be fine, so i backtracked all the cables to make sure it wasn’t short circuiting they all seemed fine!! So i went back to basics turned the car on and pulled the Accelerator pedal up to check if it was sticking the problem still occurred!! Reset the ECU still haven’t found the solutions ANY HELP ?? The car is with a mechanic now and he cannot find the solutions ether :/

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Could be the accelerator pedal. Our Focus had all sorts of maladies, high revving, stuttering and cutting out.

2nd hand accelerator pedal sorted it out. They are fly-by-wire and the track in controller can break down over time.

Flaperon

Unplug the cable behind the accelerator pedal and see if it makes any difference.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Launch Control button??

topmandom
    Free Member

Alright ill have a look at these when i get the chance i will let you know
    If it solves the problem, my other options is the pedal position sensor or the throttle body positions sensor ??

bearnecessities

Launch Control button??

Sorry, I lol’d.

psychobiker
    Free Member

I had this with my 2.0 l zetec focus was the throttle air idle valve at the back of the engine, just needed to disconnect then reconnect and would be fine for a while. Nearly cooked the engine once had the exhaust manifold glowing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ford focus 1.6 se Zetec revving to 5000rpm without touching the accelerator’ is closed to new replies.