Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Ford drivers. Can you turn that stupid green arrow off?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

It may well be a great idea when tootling around the suburbs in your 1.1 fiesta to know when to change gear.
    But in a **** transit van with several hundred kilos in the back combined with Derbyshire hills its so far off the mark its ridiculous!
    Constantly catches my eye when it illuminates making me think I’ve left the indicator on or something is amiss!

vintagewino
    Free Member

I would also love to know the answer to this!

kimbers

wrightyson
    Free Member

Thanks kimbers. That is gonna happen if I don’t get a result!

maccruiskeen

I’m not entirely sure thats the safest solution

kimbers

fwiw Ive removed my mk2 focus dash and theres no immediately obvious way to remove just one light apart from maybe just snapping off the LED

but to do that you have to remove the dash then casing to get at the circuit board

clubber
    Free Member

Kimbers has it in one…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Eco bollox. Ill have no clutch left if I follow that stupid thing!

vintagewino
    Free Member

I’ve got a Mk3 focus and the arrow is part of the display. I was wondering if there was a setting to turn it off somewhere.

heisenberg
    Free Member

What arrow?

maccruiskeen

That one down there

maccruiskeen

sorry. I mean that one up there

retro83
    Free Member

I think I saw over on the FFOC or STOC website there is a little OBD2 dongle + software which can be used to switch that and various other things off and on.

Mine lights up red at the redline, but not green. My dad’s otherwise identical car has the stupid eco shift green light as well.

Edit; here you go, this should get you looking in the right area at least:

ELMConfig – Enable/Disable Ford ECU Functions

Cougar

Can you do it through the OBD2 port, perhaps? Might be worth asking Ford when it’s in for a service.

Cougar

Ha, simultaneous post. What he said ^^

martinhutch

Alright, now you’ve sorted the arrow, how about the bit in my focus where it turns off the windscreen wipers when you’re stationary, even though it’s quite useful to see what’s approaching a junction before you move off…

And the extra wipe it gives you five seconds after you’ve used the screenwash which spreads a nice smear over the clean windscreen.

And the stupid ‘no seatbelt’ warning klaxon which goes off if you put something heavy on the passenger seat…

edlong
    Free Member

And the extra wipe it gives you five seconds after you’ve used the screenwash which spreads a nice smear over the clean windscreen.

Yes, life would be a lot better without that.

noskills
    Free Member

The ‘no seatbelt’ klaxon can usually be turned off by pressing the seatbelt release button. Can’t help with the others though.

molgrips
    Free Member

OP, you’re a builder.

It may well be a great idea when tootling around the suburbs in your 1.1 fiesta to know when to change gear.
    But in a **** transit van with several hundred kilos in the back combined with Derbyshire hills being driven absolutley flat out everywhere its so far off the mark its ridiculous!

allthepies
    Free Member

Can’t you place the copy of The Sun on the dash over the light ?

Harry_the_Spider

I don’t have one in my S Max. I feel left out. 😥

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yes I’m a builder so why the **** has it also got cruise control, everyone knows a van must be driven from point a to point b as fast as possible. Cruising? **** off!

br
    Free Member

Renault added this ‘feature’ in about 1983/4 – my Dad worked for them and we use to get two new ones every six months. It was a PITA.

Ewan
    Free Member

This. The one thing I dislike about my car (mondeo).

PePPeR

My Citroën Relay, has the stupid wipe delay, luckily it’s got canbus wiring which is so slow to react that you can give the washers another quick squirt before the delay wipe to make sure it doesn’t smear everywhere.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Ford drivers. Can you turn that stupid green arrow off?’ is closed to new replies.