Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • ford 1.8 duratorque engine…
  • mountainman

About to aquire second hand cheap mondeo,

Is this chain driven or cam belt .

exhaust flaps have been done ,apparent known fault after fair mileage.

Anyhting else i need to know .

Otherwise car has full service history,new clutch last 30 k, new rear bushes and a tow bar which i need too.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

exhaust flaps

the what?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I’m gonna hazard a guess he means swirl flaps!?

joeegg
    Free Member

I have a MK4 1.8 tdci Mondeo(2009) if that’s the model you’re talking about.It does have a cam belt and also a shorter belt at the bottom end of the engine that runs in oil.The interval is 100,000 mile or 10 years for changing of both.
    I had a towbar fitted to mine and I find that when I’m towing my caravan the engine occasionally hiccups.Its an aftermarket towbar so not one that uses the cars specific connector for the electrics.A sticker on the tailgate says that the cars electrics should be reprogrammed when a towbar is fitted.

taxi25
    Free Member

Some have a chain at the bottom and a belt on top. Originally you only changed the belt at 125k, the chain stayed there for the life of the engine. Advise has changed and most of the boys changed both at about 100k

paul4stones

Fuel pump?

taxi25
    Free Member

Fuel pump?

If its got a chain as well, the chain drives the pump and a belt drives the cam. The water pump is driven by an auxillary belt.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ford 1.8 duratorque engine…’ is closed to new replies.