Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Foraging types – hows it looking?
  • TooTall
    Free Member

Just getting out and about now I've moved to Bristol and the hedgerows are good this year. Blackberries a plenty and the sloe harvest looks very promising indeed. I even found a few unpicked plum trees!

How good will your foraging be this year?

druidh
    Free Member

Already been wolfing down the blaeberries. The hills in Lochaber area were coated in them 2 weeks ago.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Blaeberries in Moray were done and dusted last month.
    The chanterelles and Ceps have started popping up.

s
    Free Member

slightly OP,

What is the trick to make great tasting jam from plumbs?

The last attempt I did tasted so bad, not even the local wasps were interested 😉

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

crack the plum stones and add some of the kernels for an added cyanide kick

twang
    Free Member

Had my first blackberries today- gorged myself stupid….YUM!!

Drac

Found a huge crop of Sloes this afternoon and a excellent apple tree, maybe some apple and blackberry pie on the menu soon. Thousands of bilberries just over the moor from here too.

timber

blackberries today, bilberries are on the cards for next week above the house and must be due to clear up after the harvester in the potato field, then whilst we are there can check the damsons in the hedge and avoid the old perry in the field, it's fruit turned my face inside out last time

smiffy

whinberry jam made, ate loads of wild raspberries on Saturday's ride, keeping an eye on rowan, elder, crab, etc. it's all good.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Rowans, blackberries, apples, and bilberries are all looking good; plums, sloes, and damsons too (usually late September here – north lakes). The wild garlic was good this year but the cherries were a no show again (third year running ???). Lots of fungi around but I'm no shroomer 😕

jimmy

plenty raspberries about Edinburgh's cycle paths

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Foraging types – hows it looking?’ is closed to new replies.