• This topic has 14 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by br.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • For those with Sky Movies – A question about On Demand
  • dmorts

I’d like to know, from those who have Sky Movies, what the cost to watch films “On Demand” is.

An example – The Revenant

It says “Available on demand” and as far as I can make out “On demand” stuff is free if you have the correct package, Sky Movies or Sky Entertainment etc. However the cynic in me thinks that a film that new is unlikely to be free…..

bobbybobbyb
    Free Member

they have older movies for free if you have the movies in your subscription.For new ones you can pay to rent or buy. if you buy then it downloads a copy and they also post the DVD.
    It’s about £4/5 to rent, £11-£15 to buy.

dmorts

Hmm, in terms of new films it sounds the same as I can get from things like TalkTalk TV (Blinkbox) then. Don’t have to subscribe to that and the films are about £5 for HD quality.

br
    Free Member

We’ve the Movies but never paid separately for a film, as they’ll become ‘free’ soon anyway – and only seems to be the mega-hit ones that cost, and as said, they go free pretty quickly.

dmorts

Could you do me a favour and look up “The Revenant” on your subscription?

I have the option to get Sky at a heavily discounted rate, but not sure we’d actually use it. Might be worth it though if we can get recent films for “free”, e.g. The Revenant. Could watch that without Sky for about £4.45 at HD quality.

Drac

On Demand just means you choose when to watch it, it’s not a pricing structure. The Demand matches your subscription though so if you subscribe to Sky Movies you get the free on Demand ones. If you don’t then you can’t but can still access the pay per view ones.

dmorts

if you subscribe to Sky Movies you get the free on Demand ones

So not all ” On Demand” ones are free? I get it now.

I thought pay-per-view ones where through the Sky Store only, but this seems not to be the case

Drac

They appear in both iirc.

dmorts

OK, next question. How soon do recent (and decent) movies make it onto Sky Movies and are watchable for no extra cost?

I’m weighing this up against Amazon Prime, Netflix and Now TV as I’ve had these previously and was disappointed by the selection of films available. Most films available were ones I’d never heard of or had any interest in watching.

Now TV Movies and Sky Movies might be the same….

skids
    Free Member

you have to pay for the newest films everywhere, it’s never included in any subscription

martinhutch

If it’s a paid for film, then it will tell you the price before you get to watch it. You’ll probably have to enter a PIN.

Revenant will be in Sky Store though, not in the subscription movies service.

dmorts

Thanks, but I’m wanting to know how fast a film moves from pay-per-view into the “free” bit… on average

dmorts

Actually found out the information myself. Coming in July

Spectre : released Oct 2015
    Everest : released Sept 2015
    Mission Impossible : Rogue Nation released July 2015
    The Walk : released Sept 2015

That gives me an idea

martinhutch

Under six months, generally. Depends on the profile of the release – they tend to save a few biggies to tempt people in just before Christmas.

Re-edit – that’s the cinema release date, isn’t it?

br
    Free Member

OK, next question. How soon do recent (and decent) movies make it onto Sky Movies and are watchable for no extra cost?

tbh I’ve no idea even though we’ve had Sky for years – for me, they’re new films because I’ve not seen them 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘For those with Sky Movies – A question about On Demand’ is closed to new replies.