Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • For those of you who ride with a phone…. minor crash content
  • Alex

Sorry it’s not a smashed phone 😉 Just a bit of clickbait there!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/YfZvjD]Phone case v Tree[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

It is however what’s left of my super cheap phone protector that sacrificed itself to save my brand new iPhone. For me tho, I’d chosen not to bother wearing my camelbak with the back protector as ‘I was only going for a quick spin in the local woods’.

Brilliant conditions. Superb. Second downhill, left pedal hit a stump hidden by vegetation. Luckily I saved any damage to that pedal by inserting my toe between it and the stump. Not so luckily that was quite a fast section.

Kinetic energy being what it is, I exited out the front before I could even get a ‘wooooaaahhhh this is going to hurt’ out. Again luckily my fall was broken by a stout tree that made light work of the phone protector and left me lying down, winded and croaking to my mate that I was having a near death experience.

That bloody hurt. In all sorts of places. Finished the ride tho, I mean conditions like that, how often will we see those before spring? I I now ache everywhere and my big toe is the size of my head.

So if you’re going out to play today, you might want to make sure your hand computer is very well protected. Any maybe the rest of you as well. Still short of a fully body air bag, not sure what would have worked for me.

I’m off for a lie down in a bed of ibuprofen 😉

nwmlarge
    Free Member

i’ll second that,

I have smashed two iphones into trees in an otterbox, while they still crack the screens and destroy the otterboxes they do still function which is good.

They also leave iphone imprints on your leg which nicely bruise up a couple of days later.

Alex

Yeah think I now have the makers name tattooed on my back!

fossy

I generally bury mine in my camel back. Survived my hitting a hidden tree stump, the bike stopped immediately, I carried on down the trail.

Landed on my back and shoulder.

Tracey

Smashed screen on Garmin Vivoactive means it going back to Garmin tomorrow. Not as expensive as I thought.

Alex

Garmin are pretty good on crash repair. I ruined an old 800 and think it cost me less than £100 for a new one.

Crashes definitely hurt more when you’re *ahem* a bit more mature. I’m already looking forward to people at work asking ‘aren’t you a bit old to be riding a bike’. No, I just need to crash less!

hooli

I crashed many years ago with a Nokia in my pocket. Needless to say, the phone survived but I had a bruise the exact shape of the phone on my thigh. It bloody hurt as well!

hooli

Double post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘For those of you who ride with a phone…. minor crash content’ is closed to new replies.