Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • For those of you stuck in the city….
  • matt_outandabout

Our current house view and location is something like this:

I found out today that our new house (provided by new employer) will be one on the street behind my shoulder in this pic:

View from the front:

8) *is excited*

transporter13
    Free Member

can we all have a …….Where?

and to say you are jammy would be an understatement 🙄

freeandsingle
    Free Member

Wales?

beinbhan

Killin?

gecko76

That’s Killin.

Schweet 😀

Dunno where the first one is though.

matt_outandabout

Swapping Sheffield 2 postcode for Killin! yay!

Megatron

Matt, on a semi serious note.. how would someone go about getting a job, where they would get similar benefits? 😉
    I should be graduating in less than 18 months probably with completely the wrong qualifications for that sort of thing, but working for a corporate giant on a placement year at the moment has really shown me how much I don’t like living in cities any more.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

You, sir, are a smug, jammy bar steward.

Jealous? Just a bit

matt_outandabout

Even better, I swap these views at work:
    [img]http://www.whatcar.com/Car/Volkswagen/Touran/161771122141.jpg[/img]

for:
    (view from centre drive…)

work
    [img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3519/3223057380_d4078fc867.jpg[/img]

8)

Smee
    Free Member

You seen the falls of Dochart in high water? Watch for the hole under the bridge if you try them.

miketually
    Free Member

You can go off someone you know.

takisawa2

Pah, you’ll soon tire of all that mullarkey.

Give me a stuffy, bull-shit filled, overheated office full of meddling managers any day.

matt_outandabout

Smee – Member

You seen the falls of Dochart in high water? Watch for the hole under the bridge if you try them.

The canoe *will* be sat in the garden – and that hole is a meaty little bugger – undercut IIRC

Smee
    Free Member

Not sure that its undercut, but there is a nice rock on the run in that kills your speed and drops you right into the guts of it. Have fun.

jimmy

Matt – I used to live 2 mins walk from that top pic, twas my view getting off the bus walking home after shite days at work. Bugger of a steep hill. Anyway, did you once give a cheap seatpost to someone on Walkley Bank Road? He said he lived about there.

Killin… *not jealous* Who you working for? Still in the sustainable buildings game?

matt_outandabout

Jimmy – no, I live elsewhere in Sheffield, it was just a useful pic to illustrate my local view / area – terraces and city center!
    Unfortunately I am getting out the sustainable game at the moment (for work anyhow – plan is to build some off-grid holiday homes). Great company I work for, learned sooo much, but me+laptop+excel+20k miles a year in a car= NO. I did the outdoors thing for a decade before getting into building etc, and used to work for a related organisation to these guys. New employer is Ardoenaig.

jimmy

Fair do’s, I’m getting into that game (not sales, though, thats what it sounds like??) so wondered if there were going to be other jobs in Killin :). I flicked through the thread though and didn’t register the pics of outdoorsy stuff. Lucky b*stard ;), good luck with it.

matt_outandabout

jimmy – do get yourself into sustainable stuff, it is growing like mad. The only issue / problem is it is a little like the wild west out there – many people out there selling / speccing / designing absolute tosh. I think many people are going to get bitten – promising all sorts of low/zero carbon, and failing to deliver as well as causing other issues. There are some great employers out there – start looking at the Good Homes Alliance, AECB and green building site – equally as a start, a junior position with a big consultancy can be a good way in (but be aware that some don’t seem to know ar*e from elbow…)

donald
    Free Member

Matt Yesterday

Matt in two months time

matt_outandabout

lol!

molgrips
    Free Member

Maybe I’ll start up a sustainable building business. I’m into it.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘For those of you stuck in the city….’ is closed to new replies.