Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • For those of us over 40…….
  • dovebiker

On the subject of prostate / PSA tests, I have been diagnosed with benign, enlarged prostate but PSA tests are negative. I was first diagnosed 3 years ago and told I was too young to get treatment on the NHS or would have to go private for an op that could screw-up my plumbing! Main problem is simply down to reduced bladder capacity – grateful that the rest of my health is OK AFAIK and making the most of it.

iainc

dovebiker – good you are on top of it. Me and a few others on here got diagnosed with prostate cancer in our late 40’s. Vigilance is the key…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I went to the docs a year or two back, before I was 40 certainly, with a urinary infection. Whilst there the lady doc asked if I’d had a prostrate exam. As the answer was no and because of my age she decided it was time for one, or maybe she just really liked me. Her next question was “would you rather a male doctor did the exam?” I know enough about prostrate exams to know I didn’t want somebody with bigger fingers, hers were quite dainty, so I said no thanks. I don’t think I’ve been back to the docs. In post 40 related issues, I had been thinking of playing football again, something I stopped doing 2 years ago after 15 stone of arsehole fell on top of me with the ball trapped under my leg, resulting in a sprained knee. But after having a kick about with my son last week I felt sore enough after 40 mins of crossing the ball so he could practise headers that I changed my mind. I should really try and do some yoga.

footflaps

Thanks to a rather nasty case of Prostatitis / Kidney Infection 8 years ago, I’ve had no end of Prostate exams, tests, screenings of my nether regions. After 8 months, end results is plumbing was working ok but have lost 10% kidney function (not that it matters as you only need one kidney and mine are 15% bigger than normal thanks to a quirk of genetics).

mildbore

My 5 yo grandson said to me the other day “you’re the next one in our family who’s going to die, aren’t you?” Cheered me up no end

Northwind

stevenmenmuir – Member

15 stone of arsehole

That sounds like a job for bigger fingers tbh

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

My 5 yo grandson said to me the other day “you’re the next one in our family who’s going to die, aren’t you?” Cheered me up no end

When I turned 50 – I said to my elder son that I was two-thirds of the way to death – he said ” No… four-fifths… ”

I dodn’t know whether to feel happy that he had managed enough maths to make a joke, or upset. 🙁

dannybgoode

Clubbing – having it indecently large on the dance floor with a load of people young enough to be my children.

Once asked a girl if she ever went to the original Insomniacz back in the day. When she said no I asked why – ‘because I was only 7 at the time’ came the reply.

[/DBG scuttles off to dark corner of club trying not to feel lie a perv]

thecaptain
    Free Member

Nearer 50 than 40, but I’ve been very lucky and don’t feel to have any real problems. Back is a bit stiffer than it used to be, but that was due to a slipped disk 15 years ago which has not troubled me since. About as fit as I’ve ever been, running marathons (which I never did when young) and although I’m no great talent, I’m towards the quick end of the local running club. Hold my own in cycling events too. All my own teeth (no fillings), no specs, bit thin on top but who cares. Haven’t noticed the grey matter failing, but maybe you don’t until it’s really bad??

I blame cycling to work every day. Though of course I’ve been lucky too.

loughor
    Free Member

At 20 I was proud of the narrowness of my waist, and broadness of my mind.
    At 40 I realised they’d traded places ??

neilthewheel

“Other than those small issues, I’m still one sexy hunk of human male full of get up and go.. Never felt better fitness and psychologically wise, combine that with wit and aged charm and I’m one helluva catch.”

Are you doing anything tonight?

trailhound101

Realised I was getting on when I found myself enthusiatically weighing up the pros and cons of collapsable garden furniture. It’s exciting stuff you know!

vickypea
    Free Member

I found out today that my gall bladder is “pristine”, which is some comfort!

slowoldman

I wonder what % of us are over 40? It’s a lot more than I thought going by this thread .

Poll needed.

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘For those of us over 40…….’ is closed to new replies.