Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • For those of us at work this week.
  • jekkyl

Left my daughter and my wife snuggled under a blanket watching movies when I went out to work a late shift today. It’s dress down all week (how gracious) and we’re having a massive buffet so I doubt very little actual work will take place today or perhaps all week.
    How about you?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got up late, rolled in, did a bit, might watch Star Wars on the way in tomorrow then work before a night ride… might skip out on Thursday as I need a head start on the Festive 500

fasthaggis

Munching mince pies and sniggering at all the mad threads on here.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m “at work” today and tomorrow, but I’m at home with no project so I can mess about with whatever vaguely technical nonsense I please.

Drac

Off for 2 weeks but in tonight on overtime wish I hadn’t volunteered but on the bright side the youngest’s bike is stashed there. So if I get my meal breaks (haha!) I’ll build that which is a bonus.

hooli

I am in for 3 days this week, lots to try and get done but most people I need to get the stuff done are either not here or are here but might as well not be here.

I cant see me being here after 3.

GregMay
    Free Member

We’re in until Wednesday – by we I mean me, in an office on my own, with a kettle and a Greggs round the corner.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Our lass is on A&E nights today and tomorrow but she’s then off until the new year. I’ve been asked to work up to christmas eve which seems absurd since there’s nothing that actually needs doing…

stewartc
    Free Member

Working from home most of the week, some meetings but now slowly going into standby mode, will ride Christmas eve, may even go for a sneaky one on Wednesday ride afternoon.

DrP

I’m in until wednesday… Don’t work thursdays, so this year the bank hols/thursday off works really well…

However, closing surgery for 2 additional days over xmas and then new year is bound to create some sort of local healthcare armageddon…….

DrP

ernie67

Working while Wednesday , but it’s very quiet to say the least .
    I’m going to try & set my wheels up tubeless tomorrow with the air line here …..sod all else to do !

binners

In until Wednesday. Deadlines mean there will be no gently winding down though. Quite the reverse. This is always my busiest time of year. I’ll have stuff to do between christmas and new year. I’ve really been putting in the hours of late. You don’t moan when you’re self-employed and billing them by the hour though 😀

cheshirecat
    Free Member

“Working from home” Monday to Thursday midday. Barring the Christmas e-mails, it’s deathly quiet. I have a couple of jobs to do on the new bike, but that’s an hour at the most. I can see me watching a film or two, and lots of tea being drunk. Do need to wrap my wife’s presents at some point…

aP
    Free Member

I’m working up prices for a couple of jobs so that they’ll be ready to agree in the New Year, also doing some PR stuff and using a chrismassy email to reconnect to former clients/ consultants to catch-up in January.
    …and eating home made samosas.

mudshark
    Free Member

Working from home for 3 days, annoyingly my manager contacted me earlier but all quiet now.

Drac

However, closing surgery for 2 additional days over xmas and then new year is bound to create some sort of local healthcare armageddon…….

I wonder who they could possible go to with their illnesses they’ve had for weeks?

stevied
    Free Member

Got 2 half days and 1 full day this week.

Doing a bit of normal work but mainly finishing a landscape sculpture for a mate’s parents for Christmas and getting the new lights ready for the anodisers…

onandon
    Free Member

I’m working from home on a health hourly rate. I’d be stupid not to work.
    My wife is in Ireland with her parents so I’m opting out of Christmas this year – can’t be done to with it.
    New TV being delivered on Wednesday and a bunch of Amarone to drink before the 4th Jan …. Bring it on.

Oh- also got a Lego F40 to build.

v8ninety

I’ll be in for two 12hr days, then two 12hr nights from Wednesday, assisting in the staving off of said

local healthcare armageddon

All good fun.

wrightyson
    Free Member

In till Wednesday. Clearly very busy as we speak whilst fannying around on here. Heater is good in the forklift I’ve hired for the day which is a bonus.

ste_t
    Free Member

All of you off work and out having breakfast/Lunch, thanks. YOU are why I’m at work this week.

john_drummer
    Free Member

In until Wednesday. Business as usual. Xmas Eve to New Years Eve is dress down. Don’t know why dress down day isn’t every day unless you’re in a customer/client facing role.

MrOvershoot

ste_t – Member
    All of you off work and out having breakfast/Lunch, thanks. YOU are why I’m at work this week.

Yep flour milling has no quiet times, just very busy @ Christmas & Easter.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’m up in Aberdeen most of the week sadly. Quite quiet at the customer site though as various flights to Aberdeen were cancelled this morning (no idea why – weather is ok).

matt_outandabout

The kids are pleading not to go to school tomorrow for the last half day – I don’t blame them.

At work we just got good news of a 3-year funding deal for a member of staff, so just went on a hour+ walk to celebrate…

YoKaiser
    Free Member

2X 12hr nightshifts for me. Finishing on boxing day morning. I do get to see the kids opening their presents though.

windydave13
    Free Member

10 mins to be lost trying to find the PANDA – Enjoy 😆

[url=https://flic.kr/p/BWHfx1]Spot the Panda[/url] by Dave Aspinall, on Flickr

llama

2X 12hr nightshifts for me. Finishing on boxing day morning. I do get to see the kids opening their presents though.

are you Father Christmas?

onandon
    Free Member

Found the panda in about 20 seconds, what do I win?

RDL-82
    Free Member

Lates all week with a 2.25am Christmas morning finish, but then 5 days of food and drink and most definitely no work, so I’ll cope 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Same here, however the hardest bit I found about it was remembering what a panda looked like. Total brain fade 😯

chipster

12 hour night shifts to work tonight and tomorrow night, I’ll be working on Saturday and Sunday day shifts (it’s a late start-early finish on Saturday, 7:30am-5pm, though).
    I’m off work all next week, so I’m not grumbling, I’ve not had it this good for a few years, happy daze! 😀

LMT
    Free Member

Working 12hr shifts – tues/wed/thurs 7-7, day off Friday back in Saturday as we can’t alarm so having to keep the site manned the joys! oh I forgot to add only paid for 7.5hrs a day, the line its expected its Christmas but don’t forget to have fun with your teams while fighting past customers with milk dollies and cages of turkeys to get them to the shelf.

Joys of being a retail dept manager!

EdwardH

I am sat offshore west Africa enjoying the heat, though not the working in it. I expect the next week to be extremely busy and suspect Christmas day will fly by in a haze of too much to do.

kimbers

a few peeps still around but im enjoying getting some of my playlists on the lab PC,

its rocking in here and way better than some of the stuff I end up enduring

rOcKeTdOg

Working until 5 on Xmas eve, usually very busy, back in straight after the bank holiday, roll on next year it can’t be as bad as this one has surely?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Last day ever in this job on Wednesday. Start shiny new job on 4th Jan.

senorj

Only got today and tomorrow to endure.
    Light duties only…;-)

prawny

Normal working days here, got loads to do, I’ve booked xmas eve off but other than that 9-5 except bank hols until well into the new year.

mikey74
    Free Member

Working as normal until lunchtime on Xmas Eve, then it’s usually “get the boss to buy a round at the pub across the street” time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘For those of us at work this week.’ is closed to new replies.