Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • For the tyre-aholics…Spesh Eskar 2.3
  • squin
    Free Member

Not really very interesting, but thought that the tyre-aholics might be interested.

Just bought a Specialized Eskar tyre (the 2Bilss 2.3) and was pleasantly surprised that it weighed in at 699g on the kitchen scales. The claimed weight is 740, but I was expecting 800ish.

Be interesting now to see how it performs. I am a Specialized tyre convert since they gave me a pair at MM the other year. (Actually, I’ve become a big fan of everything from the big S – although only my road bike has their name on it)Marketing works!

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I would be intrested to see how you find them as i like there the captain tyres but find them a little narrow at times

squin
    Free Member

Likewise, I really like my Captains, but they are just a little too ‘summer conditions’ for the winter.

Oxboy
    Free Member

The Eskars are a very good tyre, I got them with my Pitch. I think they are very High Roller ish performance wise. Good rolling and great cornering capabilities I havent managed to lose grip yet! All round an excellent tyre in my opinion.

squin
    Free Member

That bodes well Oxboy, thanks. I was looking at HR’s but they seem really heavy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I ditched my front Eskar after about three rides. Utterly rubbish, if you ask me.

Sidewalls were very, very weak (Shredded one, hence the enforced earlier change than expected!). Really very, very unimpressed with their ability (or lack of!) to allow any kind of speed or grip in corners.

Replaced with Rubber Queen and couldn’t be happier.

robdob
    Free Member

I have them on my Pitch too and so far think they are very good.

matt_bl
    Free Member

I have the 2-bliss versions on my Soul. I think they come up quite big for a 2.3.

I find them quite flexible, but really grippy, even running at 35 psi plus. They have been good on singletrack and fireroads, but I haven’t tried and serious rocks yet.

Matt

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The Eskars are a very good tyre, I got them with my Pitch

Yup, me too. I think they are pretty good tyres. I might well buy some more when they wear out.
    🙂

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I’m happy to read this thread as I have been wondering what to do once my current spesh enduros are completely dead. Seems like there might be a worthy replacement…

glenh
    Free Member

700g, 2.3″, tubeless bead. Tread looks like a maxxis high roller /advantage.

Looks like a winner….

james
    Free Member

“I was looking at HR’s but they seem really heavy”

The folding (not the single ply one – thats a wire bead) 2.35″ high roller (in a 60a) is published as 695g on maxxis’ website. JustRidingAlong claim them to be 646g (theres an page on weights of maxxis tyres up there)
    I’ve not weighed them though. Felt light enough when I fitted them

thefallguy
    Free Member

Used Eskar Controls in the lakes last year found them really grippy on the rocky terrain and at low pressures they were awesome, sidewalls seemed resiliant IMO too

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘For the tyre-aholics…Spesh Eskar 2.3’ is closed to new replies.