Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • For the stove enthusiast who has everything…
  • teasel
    Free Member

…this’ll make a nice little addition to your collection…

Biolite Stoves

I like the little portable jobbie myself but can’t find a genuine reason to buy one.

luffy105
    Free Member

I’ve got one and posted about it here before and I’m still undecided. It is pretty cool and gets up to great heat but when you run the fan on the higher setting it just nails the fuel and you have to constantly feed it. I’m experimenting with different sized sticks at the mo to see if I can get a longer burn out of it.

That said, it does kick out the heat

nealglover
    Free Member

If you buy the camping version, don’t forget to buy your fuel 🙂

http://bit.ly/YPSusv

teasel
    Free Member

Insane!

Although, living near woodland, I might just have the means to cut in on their business…

somafunk

I got as far as opening the “About” link and reading the “Board” info then halfway through the “Investor” blurb before i declared “Cockweasels”, but i thought i’d give them a chance so i carried on reading about the Biolite HomeStove and i soon came to the realisation that i was correct in my initial assumption, “yep!….definitely Cockweasels”, and as for that picture of the two African tribeswoman appearing to cook on their Biolite stoves? – “Hell yeah…that is soooo convincing i may just throw my electric cooker and microwave combi oven out right now and order me a Biolite HomeStove…..”….like i declared earlier, undoubtably Cockweasels.

stuey
    Free Member

somafunk – yeah I agree
    – but the concept is cool – if only it could turn out more than 2w of leccy.

teasel
    Free Member

but the concept is cool – if only it could turn out more than 2w of leccy

That’s what I thought. It’s a step, I guess.

Somafunk – See, I didn’t (and still haven’t) read the cockweaselisms, I was merely intrigued by the concept and thought I’d share (although Luffy beat me to it). Also didn’t clock the tribeswomen! Now, I’m not stating that advertising doesn’t work but… 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

I thought the campstove was a pretty inspired idea, being able to charge the phone after a days riding whilst making a brew and having the comfort that a real flame provides ticks many boxes for me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘For the stove enthusiast who has everything…’ is closed to new replies.