• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by U31.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • For the Spitfire fans…
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I had one of these many years ago. 1500 with O/drive, great fun to drive but not very practical. I have always hankered for a GT6, maybe one day.
    Any other Triumph fans?

U31
    Free Member

First car i worked on as an apprentise refinisher was a TR3….

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I had a TR6, being a manly man. I never liked the girlie Spits.

Kuco

I remember in middle school the school secretary who was a hottie had a yellow one with the chrome bumbers, loverly car and then changed it to one of the more modern one with those horrible black plastic bumpers.

donsimon
    Free Member

I had a TR6, being a manly man. I never liked the girlie Spits.

The Spit was obligatory at hairdressers' college!
    My cousin had an immaculate TR6, immaculate because he stripped it down and renovated and rebuilt the whole thing, his brother-in-law also had a TR6 but in not-so-good condition, I think they both might be gay now. 😉

slowjo
    Free Member

I have always hankered after a TR4a in British Racing Green

For some reason I can't link to a pic today 🙁

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I had a dolly sprint – inca yellow MRX 79P for a year or so until I blew the engine then a spit – a white mark 4 SDW303N put bilsteins all round & straight through exhaust – it felt fast at the time. Taught me a lot about understeer, snap oversteer and four wheel drifts – all at about 30 mph. Loved both of them 🙂

parkesie
    Free Member

I love my old Triumphs got 2 on the go.
    long term labour of love spitfire.

the wifes sensible fixer upper

Admiralable
    Free Member

My mum and dad had 4 of these. Wrote them all off within 3 months of buying each one. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I always wanted a Stag.

Could afford one, so had a 2000. Brother was in the trade and found me a lovely one, K reg with 30000 miles on it. Pics are at home, best car I've ever owned 🙂

U31
    Free Member

Mmmm swing rear axle with transverse leaf… back off mid greasy bend and guess what happened 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘For the Spitfire fans…’ is closed to new replies.