Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • for the kitchen fitters and plumbers
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the dishwasher tripped the electrics ovrrnight and the back looks like this. did it catch fire inside or does the back normally look like burnt foam?

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve never seen one look like that before, especially the way the waste pipe outline appears to be melted in to the top section.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

thats what I thought, its next to the cooker but I wouldn’t have thought it was THAT hot. No obvious damage to the wall or pipes or burning smell, there is a bit of an oily residue but I put that down to being just normal kichen grease.

Stoner
    Free Member

If there’s no signs of smoke/burning then I think it’s much more likely that the foam is injected wet during manufacturing, making those smear shapes as it is pushed in and casting an imprint of the waste hose.

trail_rat
    Free Member

had it been on fire enough to char all that foam uniformly – youd have much bigger issues than fannying about to take a photo – youd be reaching for your grab bag and running out the front door.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There isn’t a back to it, that is the rear surface, looks more like a sheet of really dense foam glued to the back. The smear marks are big bubbles in a sticky film.

Going to have a poke inside tonight to see if it’s salvageable, if someone said that used to be yellow PU foam or something I’d not bother!

allthepies
    Free Member

the dishwasher tripped the electrics ovrrnight

I’m paranoid about leaving electrical things on when I’m not present and conscious 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m always slightly nervous, but it’s usualy one last cup of tea before bed that fills it. We’re in a flat with a flat with a walkway outside so even if it did go up in flames it’s 2 rooms (with high celings and smoke alarms) away and our window opens onto the walkway.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What trail rat says. I’m not sure what you think you’ll find poking around inside (btw I’m definitely not a plumber etc but I did change the pump on the washing machine once 😉 – electrical faults and water don’t mix as you know )

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

hoping there’ll be the charred remains of a thermostat or something equaly obvious and easy to replace!

project
    Free Member

Check on here its not in a recall list,

http://www.recalluk.com/

Lots of electrical stuff catching fire in the kitchen

jamiea
    Free Member

Does it work?

Yes = winner 🙂

No = its farked 🙁

Cheers,
    Jamie

footflaps

youd be reaching for your grab bag and running out the front door

Reminds me of talking to my US biking buddy. Do you have one ready by the door and if so, how many 9mm rounds are in it?

McHamish
    Free Member

Is it sound deadening?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘for the kitchen fitters and plumbers’ is closed to new replies.