Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • For the first time in my life i asked for a pay rise…
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

If there’s nothing in writing and the old boss has gone, tell them you’ve just noticed you pay has been 25% down for the last two years and you’d like the matter rectified. Then start looking for a new job or use the money to help with a self start solo project.

bullheart
    Free Member

Rob,

Take some advice from a man in the know. Life is way too short to make do. From what I hear you’re at the top of your game, and others will quite happily employ a good practitioner of your particular dark art, I’m sure…

I pigeon-hole people quite quickly into certain categories , and they usually stay there ( or move lower)

That’s me buggered then…! 😉

Team Bullheart – Twentyfour12 this year? I hope so – I’m using gears. you (and you Dez) had better be in – we have a title to defend!

Woody
    Free Member

Even the flippen cleaners cost the business more than my hourly rate and they scrub toilets .

I’m not sure whether you need a medal or a damn good kick up the arse for putting up with that for 5 years. They obviously have little regard for you (on the face of it) otherwise they wouldn’t treat you like that.

The new owner doesn’t deserve any loyalty IMO and they will be the first to have their nose in the trough when they can get away with it. How will you feel then, when your wage cut goes to their bonuses?

Edit: is your job in brewing by any chance?

allthepies
    Free Member

A few brewer/head brewer positions here http://siba.co.uk/classifieds/browse-categories/?category_id=6/Positions-Vacant

Not too local to you though.

You could go solo but every man + dog seems to be setting up a micro currently.

iDave
    Free Member

I dont suffer fools.

I pigeon-hole people quite quickly into certain categories , and they usually stay there ( or move lower)

Seems like you and your employers have a lot in common then.

You made choices, you can still make choices – and not making a decision, is making a decision.

Woody
    Free Member

STM – just saw previous thread re your job (knew it rung a bell).

Use your week in Chamonix to clear your head. Mine will be cleared in Serre Che at the same time, and snow should be nicely refreshed 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘For the first time in my life i asked for a pay rise…’ is closed to new replies.