• This topic has 53 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • For sale forum seems very quiet..
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

In fairness it’s almost reached retro

bruneep

If you can get £450 for it be careful not to break their arm grabbing the cash.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

thestabiliser – Member
    In fairness it’s almost reached retro

I know I have…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Not as quiet as my threads. Have acquired a distinct social anxiety as a result of their echoing emptiness 😳

OP – Drop the price or Ebay? Everything used is bottom-dollar atm, especially ‘old’ things that are more than a few years old.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I sold the drivetrain and associated bits of my new bike in about 30 mins a few days ago.

Sold my Cove 26″ FS frame via Pinkbike, but that turned into a big hassle.

Oddly, the thing I thought would be gone in seconds, a nearly new set of 650b wheels in the right configuration (15mm and 142mm rear) haven’t had so much of a sniff, so they’ll be off to the Bay as soon as I can be bothered.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’ve ordered some new ones just so I can sell them to him.

🙂 thanks Dez. Fifty quid yeh? 😉

davosaurusrex

I can’t even get £500 for my Sultan frame with Monarch plus and Chris King BB and headset. The used market is a waste of time lately unless you’re prepared to sell for peanuts

Denis99
    Free Member

Echo what a lot of people have said previously.

I tried to sell my Trek EX Fuel carbon frame on here and eBay, nothing, not even with a high asking price.

The upside of this has been me buying some other parts, new and used to build up this frame as another bike in the garage that will get used,

DezB
    Free Member

Fifty quid yeh?

Might have to add the postage this time.

poltheball
    Free Member

Just sold the bike for £400, there is hope! Sold to a boy from uni who put his money where his mouth was and bought the proverbial Aston Martin.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

The problem with bikes like the OPs is that they are only really in my opinion, second/winter bikes. For 450 on a second bike I would probably go for the VooDoo Bizango which has had good reviews over the years and is currently 530 new. (no new saddle/grips or sorting bearings etc out). I have a perfectly good 5 sat in the shed but rather than sell it for next to nothing, prefer to keep it (for some unaccountable reason!) The same goes with the Marin Rift Zone from pre O5 days. It seems if you keep a bike for 5 + years then its pretty much a) out of date and b) worthless. If OP gets 450: most excellent and happy days!

tomhoward

There, you see, posting it in the main forum to get it some attention worked.

Told you so, or did you already know it would?

poltheball
    Free Member

tomhoward, the bloke who bought the bike isn’t even on STW; I know him from the uni team and he got in touch after I posted on the private Facebook page last night.

So yeah, direct correlation 😆

Drac

So it was overpriced you did well to get £400.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘For sale forum seems very quiet..’ is closed to new replies.