• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by bigG.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • FOR OUTDOOR USE ONLY! Will I die?
  • spooky_b329

So I just got a great deal on something in B&Q.

Opening the packaging, in CAPITAL LETTERS, in BOLD, it states FOR OUTDOOR USE ONLY.

No, its not a lawnmower, petrol fuelled air compressor, or BBQ.

Its one of those LED blossom trees, and a low voltage one too. (I know, couldn’t resist, it was £140 to £50, and then as a bonus some further haggling at the till got it to £42)

So why can’t I use it inside? Is it just some safety technicality, such as its not earthed appropriately, or its materials aren’t low smoke or similar?

B&Q had it set up ‘inside’ and the building is still standing…

mattbibbings
    Free Member

I’ll open to the guesses then with…

It probably gets really hot

spooky_b329

It only draws 15 watts at 3.2v, so shouldn’t be a heat issue…

Its fairly wobbly so maybe its because you can’t put the ground spikes into a carpet…

spooky_b329

Its a tad larger than expected so maybe it will have to go outside…7ft tall but also about 7ft wide when opened up 😯

martinhutch

MTFU. Get that tree up in the front room, and be the envy of all your worthless neighbours! Pics please also.

wrightyson
    Free Member

A mere table decoration..

spooky_b329

See thats the issue, in the front window isn’t too bad, but stuck out the front of the house is a bit embarrassing/showy offy 🙂 Especially as we are really exposed and it will probably end up next door and rip the power cable off…

I could make it ‘2d’ so it fits better by removing two branches but the disco style flasher box might not like it

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

I had the same message on a self inflating vango camping pillow…

almightydutch
    Free Member

No pics yet? This thread needs pics!!

robgclarkson
    Free Member

almightydutch – Member
    No pics yet? This thread needs pics!!

he died as a result of not heeding the health and safety warning 🙁

nealglover
    Free Member

Its a tad larger than expected

Had you not already seen it ?

B&Q had it set up ‘inside’

Anyway, if your tree doesn’t make just getting the room a bit of a hassle, then it not big enough.

Get it put up 😉

spooky_b329

I saw it four weeks ago when it was an eye watering £140, never expected to buy it and also when the roof is 12 metres high it does put it out of perspective a little 🙂 The display model was up for £80 last week, this was boxed. Which is a shame as it just took me an hour and a half to stick all the petal things on!

Its not so bad now its shoved into the bay window, but the curtains won’t be closing anytime soon 🙂

footflaps

OMG, you’ve installed it indoors! You’re all going to die!!!!!

Harry_the_Spider

Say Hi to Ronnie Biggs when you meet him this evening.

martinhutch

That is truly bizarre. 🙂

bigG
    Free Member

next time it’ll be a kids face. Heartless fool.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘FOR OUTDOOR USE ONLY! Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.