Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • "For goodness shakes" Vs Torq recovery
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Need some recovery drink to ease the pain of SITS next weekend – is torq work £3 per litre? Or am i best off with "for goodness shakes"

Paulio
    Free Member

I've found that they work pretty much as well as each other, which is very well, but the Torq strawberry flavour tastes much nicer than any other recovery drink that I've tried.

pinches
    Free Member

the for goodness shakes (lucozade) are actually, really good. Alot of the guys i work with use them for recovery as they are cheaper.

I personally can't stand the taste of the recovery drinks, so i use bars instead (clif builders bars etc)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

with clif bars you still need to drink tho.

pinches
    Free Member

Builders bars are specifically for recovery, no need to supplement with a protein based drink for recovery at the same time, if you load too much protein it just gets turned to shit.

http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_builders/

trail_rat
    Free Member

lucozade orange recovery is really good for palatablilty

torq is good

for good ness shakes are good

power bar is good

nearly all bars are vile including honey stinger , powerbar , zipvit , as is rego and nocte constructed using chalk as the main constituant

im nigh on certain he meant that even though you eat the bars you need to drink water too … without water you wont process the protien will you …

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

powerbar is good….made by nestle so the chocolate one does rather tasste of nesquik 😛
    torq strawberry is quite good too 🙂

pinches
    Free Member

Oh yeah, water certainly.

The only reason i don't really like powerbar is the asparatime content of the stuff.

I strangely quite like honey stinger too!

Burls72
    Free Member

IMO Torq is worth the money, it works very well. I've used it a lot but only after long hard rides/runs for shorter stuff just use soya or whey protein. Your ment to mix torq with water but i've found it works better if you mix it with semi skimmed milk and it makes it taste better, nice and creamy like a thick shake. FWIW not a fan of the torq energy drink.

sprocker
    Free Member

Did an 18 hour effort in the peaklast month which ensured I will never eat another energy bar again bananas & holland and baratt dried fruit rules for me from now on. I find zyme tablets good for hydration less need for recovery drinks after (I will donate some cash too for your cause 24hrs will be tough).

MisterT

be daring and try plain MILK! – if you want to make it tastey then add a couple of teaspoons of nesquik.

gave up all the overly processed cr*p 2 years ago, and now dont have windy problems and yet still get high quality protein and good recovery for the next ride. works great between laps on a relay race too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

it works no doubt MisterT but i find that from experiance that SOME forms of recovery drink do encourage faster recovery …. esp when you have been running ….

MisterT

from all the research undertaken there is little to no evidence of any product actualy providing measurable benefit.

and from personal experiance the benefit of getting a good nights sleep totaly outways these overly processed recovery drinks. Milk brings on a good deep sleep, powders (e.g. Rego/Nocte) bring on bloating which itself hinders getting to sleep.

obviously everyone to their own, but after using these things for 10 years, I realised they are worse than a waste of my money.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Milk brings on a good deep sleep, powders (e.g. Rego/Nocte) bring on bloating BOAK !

thus why i said some – you cant putthem all under the same banner .. rego and nocte just give me a sore head so i dont use them.

im a convert to torq now having tried many others –

RealMan
    Free Member

For goodness shakes is the most disgusting thing I've ever had. Torq rego is very very nice though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

torq rego …. is that half torq half SIS ?

i like forgoodness shakes –

something i forgot though is ….

i laugh when i see some folk taking these sorta things when you see their day to day diet – it does make you wonder ! pie and chips for tea – down the gym for an hour and a protien shake afterwards before heading to the pub …. – an example of one guy i went to uni

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘"For goodness shakes" Vs Torq recovery’ is closed to new replies.