Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • For Border Terrier owners
  • kerv
    Free Member

[/url] kielder Pup by kevin and stephanie, on Flickr[/img]

I hope the picture appears, it’s the first time I’ve attempted it! Anyway the dog (if he’s there) is Zero, he’s our 4 year old BT. Last night he had an episode, he jumped up on the bed to wake us up but then couldn’t move. I carried him downstairs and out in the garden where he dragged himself round the lawn before collapsing.
    After some research today it appears he’s probably got Canine Epileptoid Cramping Syndrome. This is apparently quite common in BT’s but we had never heard of it before and it was never mentioned when we researched before we got him as a pup.It only lasted a few minutes and he’s right as rain now. It was very scary for us and I’m sure even more so for him. I know Borders are pretty popular amongst STWers So I just thought I’d warn folk!
    Kev.

Vortexracing

Cheers for the heads up.

Sounds a bit scary, have you had zero to a vet?

we have a border and I must admit I have never heard of that before.

oh and BTW is that Rivvy in the piccy?

kerv
    Free Member

Going to the vets tomorrow, he’s been fine today. There’s a website with all the info on, including some pretty horrible videos of fits similar to what Zero went through.
    The piccy is the communications hut at the top of one of the trails from Kielder castle by Kielder water.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up, will look this up another time – Ted, our 17 month old BT, is currently sound asleep, with his head on my spare knee, laptop is balanced on the other…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘For Border Terrier owners’ is closed to new replies.