• This topic has 47 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by ml.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • For anyone worrying about a-levels, for themselves or for family members…
  • joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m sorry it was not his first choice as it looks a great place

Its shite*

It does have some rad dirt jumps though…

*Its notshite but its miles from edinburgh which is like a shit version of living in glasgow which is easily the best city to live in!

nbt

Thinking back more years than I care to remember, I’d agree with this. Unfortunately, I cruised through GCSE and a-levels, so coming out of my degree with “only” a Desmond was a bit of a wake-up call as I did a languages degree* and was considered one of the better speakers. it was the academic side that let me down, not the practical.

Sadly the “bit of a wake-up call” wasn’t enough and I went on to apply for the Graduate accelerate promotion scheme at greater manchester police – I failed to get on that, joined anyway and realised that quite frankly I wasn’t mature enough. Quitting that job made me grow up quite quickly

So yes, perceived failure can help you mature and grow. It’s an essential part of realising who you are and what you can do.

(*now a computer programmer and only use my languages for holidays. Still speak pretty well, but hey, I only went to uni to get drunk and not have to get a job at 18…)

epicsteve
    Free Member

Where? Not that rad dirt jumps really factor into my riding (too old/not brave enough) but would go for a look.

frogrocket
    Free Member

DavidB – Member
    frogrocket I probably spoke to you.

POSTED 19 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Hope that went OK for you then DavidB! If you need anything else then you can give me a direct call on 0161 295 6321 (if I’m not taking another call).

frogrocket
    Free Member

Did you at least get a furious dad?

Not yet. DavidB must have been calm and pleasant if I did speak to him!

The furious dads will start coming out of the woodwork next week though, sometimes rightfully so. Oh and at least one apoplectic Head of Sixth Form.

The next 2 weeks are my least favourite of the year…

ahsat

I share an office with one of the admission tutors here. And the your right, the apoplectic ones start to appear next week. And find his personal office number, which means the phone in the office just rings and rings and rings. Why when someone doesn’t answer it after 40 rings they dont get the gist, I dont know. I made the mistake at one point of answering them, just to get it to stop ringing, but seeing I dont know the answers, and cant make the decisions, it was waste of time. Might work from home next week….

Fair play frogrocket and northwind – an unenviable job.

joshvegas
    Free Member

epicsteve – Member
    Where? Not that rad dirt jumps really factor into my riding (too old/not brave enough) but would go for a look.

No mine either but they are there!

NT 17617 69931

Bit damp at the moment

Maybe nortjwind can show us how it’s done?

ml
    Free Member

@Northwind – enjoying this thread, although very glad I’m not applying now. HW was my first choice, although I switched course from Elec Eng to Information Systems Eng before the first week. Coincidentally, I spent my morning talking to a kid looking to go to HW next year. Seems like the sort of applicant you want, plus he mountain bikes.

@AD – I was at HW in 1993-1997. Plenty of Chemistry and Chem Eng friends! We probably passed each other one day, long ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘For anyone worrying about a-levels, for themselves or for family members…’ is closed to new replies.