Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • For all you vertigo sufferers….
  • DrP

LittleP has now joined your afflicted clan!

Bless him – crawled into my room at 4am stating the “room was all wrong”. Thought he had a nightmare, so let him stay in bed with me.
    Awoke several times clutching his head saying “make it stop…”. I asked if he had pain/headache, and he said he was dizzy! How sweet! Was sick several times, so in my bed was me, him, towels, and a sick bucket!!

Was chatting in the morning, and he said he got out of bed and fell over onto his carpet! And that his room was spinning..
    Was mostly fine today, though had another attack in the cinema!

Looks like I’m in for the long haul tonight… 😐

DrP

scotroutes

Ear infection?

DrP

I suspect so.

DrP

Stoner
    Free Member

Tell him to lay off the spirits and stick to beer.

DrP

He’s a cider and wine man (seriously!)

DrP

paulevans
    Free Member

Don’t mean to ovey concern you, but symptoms are similar to when I contracted meningitis when I was 7 or 8 years old. I was vomiting and lost my sense of balance.

Please get the little un checked out ASAP.

Stoner
    Free Member

He’s a cider and wine man (seriously!)

So am I, but I try and keep them in separate classes.

Do tommee tippee do shot-sized beakers yet?

bigyinn
    Free Member

paulevans, Dr Paul is actually a medical doctor, well he is on here. He’s probably a sprout peeler from Hunstanton in real life. 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

When I feel like that I know there’s only room for a couple more pints before I hit the shorts.

pacemaker
    Free Member

Its not nice, i have suffered with it almost every morning for years.

It wears off after a few minutes when i wake up so i just have to sit on the edge of the bed until it does.

Hope its just an ear infection for him DrP and it clears up quick.

maccruiskeen

Dr Paul is actually a medical doctor,

Aye – but have you ever seen a builder’s house or a mechanic’s car? 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Reminds me of when you’ve had a few too many beers and, when you lay down, you have to hold onto the bed/floor. I find it really quite horrible!

DrP

Update – seemed less perky this morning (proper ill looking) and wasn’t keeping anything down, so to him took the OOH GP… They agreed he Didn’t look fit, so was admitted to paeds ward.
    Typical child, however, and went from ‘deaths door’ to ‘running about the ward’ after a” therapeutic clerking”….

Currently sleeping his flushed little head off, but if it turns sour again tonight they want him back for a noggin scan…. 😕

Poor little cherub!

DrP (not Paul, BtW!)

mooman
    Free Member

I have an ear problem. The sickness that follows vertigo is the worse type of sickness.
    Really feel for the little fella.
    Hope its treatable and clears very quickly for him.

DezB
    Free Member

So er, Paul – Vertigo isn’t the fear of heights like what I always fort then?

takisawa2

😥

I was expecting a YouTube vid of some teenagers up a decomossioned power station chimney…

Hope the lil ones ok.
    My brother used to get it in younger days.

DrP

So er, Paul…

🙄

No, Derren, vertigo is the abnormal sensation of rotational movement, without actually moving…..

And can be used on car journeys:
    “are we nearly there yet?”
    “no, we’ve still got quite vertigo”

DrP

bwaarp
    Free Member

Man been here.

Back in 2007 I was sitting outside a pub drinking a coke….having a nice time in hot weather…..

BANG! Sudden blurred vision….that lasted a fraction of a second and was almost like a white flash…. my whole body jolts at the same time….coupled with the feeling of a sudden violent spin….then a feeling like I’m hurtling towards the ground in a 400 mph uncontrolled vertical dive….which then subsided into feeling like I was on the high sea’s.

It kept happening over the course of a month, I was hospitalized and they never found out what it was….it cleared up and has never happened since really (although I find during exams when I get anxious I start to feel dizzy…I guess because I associate anxiety with a loss of balance).

DrP

^^
    Imagine that in the mind of a scared three year old!!
    He thought the bed was causing it 🙁

Thankfully, seems more settled tonight…..

DrP

bwaarp
    Free Member

Seriously **** with my head because I knew what an inner ear infection was and I didn’t feel it was one. Most doctors I met had a “wtf” expression on their face when I told them what was happening as well.

My house diagnosis was that it was a Basilar Type Migraine. Although it lasted for a month so I wonder whether it was seizure related and caused by a head injury sustained biking a few months before.

Hope your little one get’s better.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Our lad had labrynthitis *spelling* apparently quite rare in kids. All started with him struggling at school..

Vertigo you say….

Scary stuff

bwaarp
    Free Member

It’s not that kind of vertigo….

you wouldn’t understand unless you’ve actually had it….but it’s a bit like being put in a NASA G-force centrifuge….except you’re stood on solid ground.

There are two main pathways to developing such a disorder:

1) Peripheral vertigo – basically it’s ear related. Your ear’s send signals to your brain about your orientation in space. When these signals become dysfunctional you get vertigo. In the case of an inner ear infection, the inner ear is quite often damaged permanently and the brain has to go through a process of re-calibrating itself to the new dysfunctional signals being sent to it,.

2) Central vertigo is when the part of the brain that receives those signals stops functioning properly for whatever reason… brain tumours, epilepsy, basilar type migraines etc.

Erm, yeah – I know what vertigo actually is bwaarp, but cheers anyway 😉

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘For all you vertigo sufferers….’ is closed to new replies.