Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • For all the nae-sayer who think you get the best deals online…
  • juan
    Free Member

In the course of the last month I got given a custom made front wheel and a gravity dropper.
    This of course goes on the top of the excellent service I get from the LBS each time I walk in.

So tell me mr CRC can you match that?

vinnyeh

They do this for every customer then?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What was the catch? No such thing as a free lunch front wheel and seatpost?

rickon
    Free Member

I’m guessing it’s just for Juan person.

batfink
    Free Member

“free bike stuff for everyone coming into our shop wearing a balaclava”?

legend
    Free Member

did you also get a reach-around? As above, no such thing a free lunch

mrjmt
    Free Member

I just got a 105 chainset for £53 instead of £180 on CRC.

And I didn’t have to talk to the man thats too old to wear a hoodie or his little arse-hanging-out-of-jeans ducklings that follow him around his shop.

juan
    Free Member

Well it’s not for every customers indeed, but i’d like to hear someone who got a free GD from CRC… And no I was not wearing a baclava and it’s free because I didn’t had to pay for it…?

nealglover
    Free Member

Further explanation needed otherwise this thread makes no sense.

juan
    Free Member

What do you mean further explanation…?

batfink
    Free Member

Juan….. I think people are asking WHY you were given hundreds of pounds worth of free bike components

jota180
    Free Member

Juan….. I think people are asking WHY you were given hundreds of pounds worth of free bike components

He was the 1st customer they’d seen all week and didn’t want to lose him?

Markie
    Free Member

Well, how much have you spent with them over the past couple years? How long have you been a customer for, that kind of thing…

legend
    Free Member

Seriously? The explanation would be why would a shop want to give you several hundred £s worth of kit for absolutely nothing?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Good service, huh – that’s no fun 😉
    No-one wants a thread about good service, we want an 8 page bitch fest with Google quotes, cyberbullying, graphs and big hitter :Facts:

rickon
    Free Member

Tweeks cycles warrantied my 6 month old pair of Skins because the stitching was coming loose, so I got a new set. Good thing, as I’d put a massive whole in the knee from a crash too.

Also, I bought a HTC Sensation secondhand – it had dust under the screen, I called HTC and they sent me a brand spanking new one under warranty.

Also – who is the LBS? Worth promoting them on here if they’re decent.

wrecker
    Free Member

Be honest now Juan, are you having sexual intercourse with one or all of the staff?

sc-xc

This has inspired me. I was just about to do my online Tesco shop, but instead I’m going to visit the local corner shop and wait there until they give me my groceries. Nice one juan! Saved me a fortune…

nealglover
    Free Member

Really.

You actually don’t know what I mean ?

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

So what you’re saying is that your LBS charges such a high margin that it can give away ‘free’ seatposts and wheels?

Shopping around and shopping online has easily saved me enough money over the years that I could go out and buy several wheels and seatposts with the savings. Isn’t that essentially the same as paying higher LBS prices and eventually getting some stuff for free?

binners

When you say they ‘gave’ them to you, do you not mean they hurled them at you, with great force, as you walked through the door? I don’t think its the same thing

verses

legend – Member

did you also get give a reach-around? As above, no such thing a free lunch

FTFY 😉

batfink
    Free Member

No-one wants a thread about good service

No…. we all love good service, but we are more interested in the free stuff

juan
    Free Member

well basically the GD was the owner’s one, I needed it for THE race, so he lend it to me. Then I though I actually like this stuff so I have asked to give me a price for it so I could buy it. And yesterday he said that I could keep it for free.
    Yes I have been a customer for 12 years and no they don’t charge high margins, to be fair they usually charge less than all the other shops around (99% of their stuff is below RPP).
    And I am still waiting for CRC to tell me what is the most appropriate tyres for a race I have got in two month.

mrjmt
    Free Member

oh, so it was second hand….. thats different.

boxfish
    Free Member

So tell me mr CRC can you match that?

Other internet retailers are available.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve had free sweets from lots of online shops, never from an LBS, by the ammount of orders I seem to place I reckon I’m probbaly not far off a gravity dropper at 10p a packet 😛

rickon
    Free Member

And I am still waiting for CRC to tell me what is the most appropriate tyres for a race I have got in two month.

They really aren’t going to be able to tell you that. Are you trolling?

I’ll bite…. depending on conditions you’ll need different tyres, possibly three sets of different tyres. You’re better off asking someone on here who’s raced on the same course / stage / general area, than an online retailer.

What race you doing anyway?

juan
    Free Member

Enduro des portes du Mercantour (and yes it was flirting with the trolls).
    Come on, even someone as right wing as CFH use LBS surely that have to tell you something 😉

coogan
    Free Member

So all your saying it you don’t like CRC?

What a rather pointless thread.

rickon
    Free Member

Maxxis Maxxlite

juan
    Free Member

So all your saying it you don’t like CRC?

Nope all I am saying is that sometimes you are not saving anything. Once you’ve factor everything it turns out on-line is usually more expensive than LBS.
    Surely owing the typical STW population it should make sense.

EDIT Rickon I am biting too, I actually want to finish the race 😉 not give up after half the first stage because of a torn tyre 😉

rickon
    Free Member

A few of these’ll sort you out.

You may need some of this too, to stop your shoulder getting sore though…

On another note, I’d use my LBS if I were closer and could get to it easier. The problem is that online is just easier for me, and the selection is greater – unless I ordered in the stock, but again distance is still an issue.

AntLockyer
    Free Member

The last time I went in my LBS I got a **** frame and a load of lies. I did have to pay for it though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Once you’ve factor everything it turns out on-line is usually more expensive than LBS.

Have you seen the prices on those German sites? I doubt many bike shops get their stuff as cheap as that at trade!

Big-Bud
    Free Member

does your mum still tell you to get dressed in the morning.wtf

you should be asking your self that question not someone else

this post sucks

juan
    Free Member

WOW looks like some people have a chips the size of a mammoth on their shoulder.
    No bike carriage for this race rickon ;)well hopefully 😉

sc-xc

*still waiting in co-op for a free loaf of bread*

Dancake
    Free Member

Once you’ve factor everything it turns out on-line is usually more expensive than LBS.

Stop drinking . NOW

Edric64
    Free Member

Free delivery and vastly discounted prices on kit I can fit myself ordered from the comfort of my own front room .So I save on the price,the time and the fuel going to a shop that may not have what I want

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘For all the nae-sayer who think you get the best deals online…’ is closed to new replies.