Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Football, your club; who do you not like?
  • binners

slowpuncheur – I’ve just read it. A couple of my mates are from Cov, so I knew quite a bit about the sorry story. It has a lot of similarities to the demise, and plummet through the leagues of Portsmouth. In that the FA stood back, with its thumb up its collective arse while a succession of pretty unsavoury chancers, and outright blaggers were allowed to just get on with whatever they liked

I don’t think the question was ever answered there about where all the premiership TV money, sponsorship etc all went. Because it sure the hell didn’t go back into the club.

I asked the question earlier – what on earth would you have to actually do to fail the FA’s ‘right and proper person’ test? Has anybody ever failed it. Until the FA grows a pair (which it won’t) the situation will just get worse. Depressing

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

whatnobeer – Member
    I’m a Rangers fan. Can’t remember too many players who I’ve hated

I could help you out with some suggestions.. 😉

This was about players and managers and not the owners/imbeciles/lunatics that run the clubs but hey when has a STW thread ever stayed anchored – I think it went wrong on the very first reply… is that a record?

tiggs121
    Free Member

A refreshing post from Whatnobeer! Well said.

I’m a Hearts fan so no prizes for guessing who my “hate figure” is…Vladimir Romanov. Short term success on the road to ruin. T**t!

Wasn’t exactly jumping for joy when Graham Rix was appointed either!

I don’t like the bigots who sadly are a wee part of my club too.

winston_dog
    Free Member

scandal – How dare you!

From wiki –

The referee of the game took no action against Shearer, and he was then cleared of all charges by the FA, with Lennon giving evidence in the player’s defence

Besides as this you tube vid states Lennon headbutted his foot.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_7WGYa9nQ[/video]

dazh

This was about players and managers

Everyone hates Michael Owen. What more do you want?

john_drummer
    Free Member

We’ll have a 40 year old starting a champions league match tonight. Because he’s the best midfielder we’ve presently got.

wish we had one or two of that quality*. never mind “if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” – “if you’re good enough, you’re young enough”

* OK Mowatt has been a revelation, Austin needs to stop shooting as soon as he sees the whites of their eyes & Murphy might yet be a cracker, but they ain’t Giggs

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Binners: Whether it’s unfit and improper persons (Antonov at Pompey anyone?)the FA are in the premier league’s pocket alright.

On a related point: I hate the false hope and fragile expectation in England before a World Cup or Euro Champs because we’ve got bugger all chance of winning anything with the FA being so weak in terms of a winter break and allowing prem managers to pull players out citing injuries, only for them to make Lazarus like recoveries for the weekend club games.

They’re good for FA

alexpalacefan

In an attempt to bring some unity to this thread…

I was in the away stand at Elland Rd, and the Palace and Leeds fans were united in a rousing rendition of “Stand up, if you hate Millwall”.

Now that’s something we can all agree on 🙂

APF

yossarian
    Free Member

Now that’s something we can all agree on

Sort of. I must admit there’s a little bit of me that likes Millwall’s lawlessness and the offence that it causes.

Glad it’s not my club though.

senorj

Liverpool. Joe Cole.

Re Millwall and off topic(soz)but I was a steward at the Old Den, ONCE! ha.

warton
    Free Member

Newcastle

Michael Owen.

Kevin Keegan. I’ll explain. he kept on spitting his dummy out, he disbanded the reserves, so left Dalglish with 15 first team players. he had more money than anyone else in the league by a mile and still threw it away. that interview. his hair. the way he quit when he didn’t get his own way.

binners

I’D LOVE IT!!!!! 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

Kevin Keegan. I’ll explain. he kept on spitting his dummy out, he disbanded the reserves, so left Dalglish with 15 first team players. he had more money than anyone else in the league by a mile and still threw it away. that interview. his hair. the way he quit when he didn’t get his own way.

His teams played a very very attacking and exciting brand if football though. AND he had the bollocks to buy Asprilla, one of my favourite ever players.

aa
    Free Member

Arsenal fan here.
    Nicholas bendtner. Lazy fecker, so good in his own mind he has to put in no effort. A waste of talent.
    and, adebayor. Good for half a season, demanded more money, got it. Demanded more, went mardy and pissed off. Mercenary waster.

If i may…..on the other side of the coin, i love gilles grimandi

warton
    Free Member

AND he had the bollocks to buy Asprilla, one of my favourite ever players.

I loved asprilla. my mate was his interpreter,and another lived next door to him. there weere some crazy cray stories about him 🙂

Philby

Leeds fan.

Ken Bates and Peter Ridsdale are obvious figures of hate. Never liked Dennis Wise as manager. Mark Viduka was a fat tub of lard who rarely broke sweat in the club’s final Premiership games.

MOT.

bernard
    Free Member

Leeds
    Bates, Wise, o’Leary, Harvey, Risdale and more recently warnock.

For Dave b wonder the bates stabilised the club comment, remember he did not actually own the club he was just running it for some unknown investor. He swore that in court after he put the club in administration for the second time, taking a 15 point penalty making the leeds position very unstable, then proceeded to piss money on vanity building projects, loss making business ventures, court cases, his own expenses etc blah blah whilst treating the fans like dirt alledgedly. Oh and I forgot selling the best players while investing naff all in the playing squad……where did all that money go ? Delph, gradel, beckford, howson, snodgrass, Lennon etc

instanthit
    Free Member

Chelsea fan.
    Cant say i hate anyone that much.
    Just overall disappointment with the way football has become a play thing for the wealthy.
    Disappointment that i always have to say i support Chelsea and then have to back it up with; because my dad did as did his; its in my blood.
    Disappointment that i cant turn up at Stamford Bridge without having to save for the trip and book ages in advance; gone are the days of having a few beers and pitching up at the shed for tickets at 2.45pm!
    Tend to watch my local clubs now; Exeter and Torquay.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Leeds, again.
    Wilkinson. For not keeping and building a team around Cantona….. and for buying Thomas Brolin.

Brolin. For being gash.

Peter Ridsdale. For having no buisness acumen whatsoever.

Lee Bowyer. Do I have to explain?

Robbie Fowler. As above.

Uncle Ken was a crook but he kept the club afloat. Chelsea scum? Yes but we’d not exist without his, erm, efforts.

edlong
    Free Member

Leeds fan: The usual suspects, for me Ridsdale was worse than Bates – and Ridsdale created the situation that allowed Bates to come in and effectively get a free football club to play with.

Manager-wise, O’Leary deserves a lot of blame for the under-performance of what should have been a premiership winning team, he was flattered to inherit a top side and achieved nothing with it, less than nothing if you think that failing to make the CL was the beginning of the financial crash. And his handling of the Woodgate / Bowyer legal issue was abysmal

Warnock – useless

Wise – useless and unpleasant

Venables – criticised earlier in the thread, I’m going to defend him – he came to Leeds with the clear ambition of winning the title and it wasn’t his fault that the team he thought was going to do it was sold from under him. You could see he was genuinely bothered by it and not just there to collect his salary. The look on his face, particularly towards Ridsdale, at the press conference announcing Woodgate’s departure was only beaten by the look of shock and “WTF?” on Woodgate’s face when he arrived at his new club.

Players – Viduka gets a lot of stick but whenever I watched a game, he put the work in, and in fact he was one of the few who still seemed to be making any effort at all towards the end.

Brolin – fat and useless.

Bowyer – thick violent idiot.

dazh

That’s ridiculous. Keegan bled black and white. He quit because unlike a lot of managers who are happy to be p*ssed about by incompetent chairman/football directors/egotistical and lazy players and sit on his salary, he had the balls to stand up to them and the honesty to admit failure. Yes disbanding the reserves in hindsight wasn’t a particularly great idea, but you can’t blame that for the failure of Dalglish. If the reserves were so bad why did Dalglish then go and sell off our best players and replace them with the likes of John Barnes, Guivarch, Ian Rush, John Dahl Thomasson, Andreas Anderson and Temuri Ketsbaia?

greyman
    Free Member

Toon here..

Sadly have to agree with what Warton said about Keegan, bit of an oddball really.

And Michael Owen – inexplicable.

Lots of sundry misfits over the years, all clubs/teams have them – great innit ! 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

Carlisle, Michael Knighton. What an utter, utter prick.

Vern0n
    Free Member

Gooner, no real manager upset me (we don’t get thru that many!) but biggest gripe is ex players who turned on the club.
    Eg Stewart ‘****t’ Robson ‘“I hope it [Wenger’s exit] is sooner rather than later because I certainly won’t miss him because Arsenal have been going down the wrong road for quite some while,” Robson told the BBC.
    Nice one chump..

Nasri, Adebayor, Ca$hley all have my contempt but as I see it the club is better off without them

bernard
    Free Member

Toxic why do you think bates kept leeds afloat? It was not him who bought the club it was an unknown investor according to ken, he did not become involved at leeds for the sake of the club he became involved to line his own pockets. He also nearly ruined the club taking into administration for a second time, before a mysterious investor bought it back in rather curious circumstances….we would not be around without him…why because it’s what he told everyone time and time again. There were other bidders the first time around and the second time around.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

This may just make Binners’ head explode

Posh toff …. ……..check
    Hedge fund manager…. check
    Selling short……….check

Selling short of ManU….. ka-boom !!

Wonder how much the Glazers have invested with him ??

Sorry fella

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Football, your club; who do you not like?’ is closed to new replies.