Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Football, your club; who do you not like?
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

So this isn’t for haterz…

Which player or manager at your club, past or present, do you really not like?

I’m a Celtic fan and for me it was Paulo di Canio and Artur Boric. One was a cheating moaning faced git and the other used wind people in Glasgow up with the whole religious bullshit. I am also not that keen on Neil Lennon but he seems to be maturing.

And yes I get the ironing in the opener.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Newcastle, hullit and Mike Ashley

tthew

I’m not a fan of football, especially the way they use the moniker -club- when they’re anything but. Should all change that to business.

Can you be a member? (and I don’t think buying a massively expensive season ticket really counts)
    Can you go with your mates to use the facilities for a game?
    Join in a training session with the other members?
    Get a bit of friendly advice about improving your own performance/fitness?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So this isn’t for haterz…

But by post number three…

Mackem

Sunderland – DiCanio – a complete buffoon who has put us in the crap. Asamoah Gyan – chose to play in a tinpot league so he could earn even more money. It’s hard to hate players who are just crap, it’s not their fault.

ben
    Free Member

Aston Villa: David O’Leary & John Gregory.

Both for squandering cash, particularly DOL. Though Gregory did buy Bosko Balaban and is still not forgiven.

PiknMix
    Free Member

West Ham. Fat Sam, granted he took us from the Championship and gave us a mid table finish, he however has no passion for the club and has lost the respect of pretty much everyone. Carlton Cole, why the hell did we buy that buffoon back! Also Andy Injury Carroll, he’s just a liability.
    Going against the 2 views up there, Di Canio was an absolute legend for us.

scaredypants

Boro

Ravanelli and (less so) Emerson. Lazy, disruptive, overpaid

binners

Sir Alex wasn’t having his best day at the office when he signed Nani and Anderson. The fact they’re both still there is inexplicable. Or maybe not…..

I constantly resent the fact that the club is now owned by a pack of greedy, self-serving and parasitic American shysters, who are treating it like a personal cash machine! If the wheels are now coming off, then I know where the blame lies! And it isn’t with David Moyes

Edric64
    Free Member

But the yanks who bought Man U are entitled to do what they want if they are the majority shareholders are they not ?It`s a business after all .

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I constantly resent the fact that the club is now owned by a pack of greedy, self-serving and parasitic American shysters, who are treating it like a personal cash machine!

Wasn’t keen on the first set that owned Liverpool either although Henry seems better to be fair. I liked how he played the Suarez situation with Arsenal. “You’re not having him! Not for any money.” 🙂 Much as I’m enjoying the schadenfreude with Utd. at the moment, I don’t like seeing how the club is being milked either. I think it doesn’t bode well for them long term. None of what’s “wrong” there is Moyes’ fault.

For me with Liverpool, Souness. Have only hazy memories of him as a dirty bastard, but as a manager and a human being he’s an arse. Player-wise, there are so many donkeys and bad signings over the years, that it’s hard to list them. Ones I didn’t like? Never really took to Kewell, Anelka or Michael Thomas 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

Oxford United

I haven’t got any players that I dislike. In the main our past and present players have worked hard for the team and the fans. Some have been better than others though.

All Oxford fans hate Firoz Kassam though. Built a 3 sided stadium which he now refuses to sell us and took us out of league football and into the conference. A tosser of the highest order.

I’m laughing at the Di Canio haters, whilst he was spunking loads of money at our arch rivals Sw#ndon he also presided over 3 derby defeats to the mighty yellows. Bloody brilliant.

theotherjonv

Reading fan here. I could name a few I ‘hate’ but you wouldn’t have heard of them. Love – sir Steve coppell and the 106ers, obviously, but we’ve also had some great players over the years, Jimmy Quinn, Phil Parkinson, Trevor senior, robin Friday, shaka hislop.

Actually – hate is probably the current board. They came in promising money, didnt back it enough to stay in the premier, once that cash flow dried up decided it cost more to run a FC than they’d realised, and are now trying to sell out to ‘another’ middle east consortium if the rumours are true.

I keep trying to hate Swansea, because they took our manager (ok, we sacked him which was a rubbish decision, certainly in hindsight) who then did at Swansea exactly what he was trying to do with us. And then to rub it in, stuffed us in the playoffs and took them up when it should have been us. And they had better songs and singers at Wembley, bloodywelsh!!! But they’re too good to hate properly.

jimmy

Everton. Not much to hate, but the minute a middle eastern consortium buys them is the minute i lose interest. Hopefully its unlikely.

binners

Edric – I don’t understand how what those sharks have done is even legal!! Borrow all the money to buy the club, then transfer the debt onto the club? Meaning hundreds of millions in servicing those debts, all while paying yourselves hundreds of millions into the bargain? They’ve turned a club that was always profitable into an economic basket case, up to its eyeballs in (their) debt! And got very rich doing it!

It’s a testament to how good Fergie was that he’s managed to paper over the cracks for so long. They’re parasites, who couldn’t give a toss about United! To them, it’s just a cash cow! The figure they’ve taken out of the club presently stands at £700 million. It’s scandalous!

Drac

Football.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Most of the terrible signings at Liverpool; El-Hadji Diouf for around £10 million. Bruno Cheyrou, Salif Diao and of course Andy Carroll. None of them were fit to lace boots at Liverpool.

DD, Souey was a legend as a player, hard as nails and a great competitor. I do however share your opinion of him as a manager and person.

binners

Mind you… It could be worse. Any Blackburn fans in?

Crag
    Free Member

Leeds fan here and can’t stand that old man Ken Bates. Was only ever at the club for his own gains.

Him and Terry Venables. Media whore who was completely out of touch with the club – why would you play Paul Okon instead of Dacourt or Batty ffs?!?

scandal42
    Free Member

As a Leicester fan there are 2 names that send me into an utter rage

Dennis W**e

Peter (utterly **** useless) Taylor

binners

Yeah… Ken Bates behavior at Leeds definitely falls into the ‘how on earth can this possibly be legal?!!!!’ Catagory.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Leeds United.
    Ken Bates +1. Gone now, thankfully. Neil Warnock goes down as “not one of our better decisions” too.

slackalice
    Free Member

Woy Hodgson at Liverpool, always played for the draw. Echo comments about Souness as a manager but as a player for the club, he was very good.

While I’m thinking about it, I don’t follow Portsmouth, but am delighted they are out of top flight footie as while they were in the PL, getting in and out of town and resident parking on match days was a complete PITA. Hopefully the ground will get sold and they’ll have to decamp to Leigh Park…

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Newcastle United – We’ve had many many money-driven, lazy parasites play for us over the years but hands down it has to be: Joe Kinnear.

Sweet baby cheeses what is that man on? Blabbing to Sky before he’s gotten the job; effectively dismissing his predecessor in the process; telling all and sundry he was a talented manager with an imaginary CV; acting like a foul-mouthed barrow boy; Despite being able to pick up the phone with anyone in football, all he did in the summer was possibly assist in a loan signing that was largely set up before he arrived.

All you need to know about him is here:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/oct/03/newcastleunited.premierleague

The sooner he leaves Newcastle and football alone, the better.

At least we aren’t Blackburn or Portsmouth….

pondo

Birmingham City – Carson Yeung, the light-fingered hairdressing club-wrecking fraudulent a$$-clown. Not mighty fond of Zigic, even if he does pop the odd goal in, as I think he’s the only player we have left on wages from the “glory days” that no bugger will buy off us. 🙁

PiknMix
    Free Member

Scandal, I’ve been waiting for Leicester to get promoted so I can watch the Hammers at the King Power Walkers, looks like you will come up and we will go down. Typical.

freddyg
    Free Member

Sunderland – Manager: Lawrie Mcmenemy. Came in as the highest paid manager in the country at the time and lauded as the man to take us to great things. If taking us down to the (old) third division in two seasons is great, then he did well. Useless tosser.

Player: Darren Bent. Greedy bastard.

On the other hand… Niall Quinn. Hero.

Garry_Lager

jimmy – Member

Everton. Not much to hate, but the minute a middle eastern consortium buys them is the minute i lose interest. Hopefully its unlikely. We’ve been well-managed on the pitch for 15 years so really there’s no player you could point at as being a hate figure. Moyes even got the Yak to run around a bit, which is saying something. The only persistently bad (season in season out) player we’ve had in that time, Tony Hibbert, has crossed that line where they become a fan favourite – prob because he’s only marginally better than us sitting in the crowd so we can all relate.

Off the pitch there is a hardcore group of supporters that truly despise Bill Kenwright, for his failure to invest 10 pence in the club over 15 years. Came to a head over the proposed stadium move which fell through (thank the Lord), but has never really boiled over due to results on the pitch being good.
    It’s a sad indictment on premiership chairmen that Blue Bill is prob amongst the best. He’s awful, but he’s not a criminal, fraudster, despot, murderer, plutocrat or asset-stripper so that puts him ahead of most.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Bolton. As we’re the one and only wanderers I guess hate is directed at wolves and Wycombe, oh and milngavie 😉

binners

He’s awful, but he’s not a criminal, fraudster, despot, murderer, plutocrat or asset-stripper so that puts him ahead of most.

Indeed. It really does make you wonder what someone would actually have to do not to pass the FA’s ‘Fit and proper person’ test. Thaksin Shinawatra – war criminal, human rights abuser, corrupt embezzler and all round criminal – was seen as fair game to own one of the biggest clubs in the country 😯

And :lol:@ Joe Kinnear . Pure comedy gold. That interview was even more bonkers than his last one, with all the Champions league titles he’s apparently won

ransos
    Free Member

West Ham: Kevin Nolan. If he was a horse, he would’ve been turned into glue by now. Instead, Fat Sam keeps him as captain.

Sunderland – DiCanio – a complete buffoon who has put us in the crap.

He’s not a buffoon, as his highly impressive record at Swindon shows.

scandal42
    Free Member

Don’t count on it Pik n Mix

History suggests we have an excellent chance of totally stuffing up a great chance of promotion.

🙁

yossarian
    Free Member

He’s not a buffoon, as his highly impressive record at Swindon shows.

what record was that then? Spending so much money in getting promoted that the owner of the club sold up which almost led to liquidisation?

Good value for it, perhaps. Fighting with his own players and then selling them at a loss, substituting the keeper after 20 minutes as he’d let in a goal, trying to unsettle the top striker at your biggest rival befor the derby game who then goes on to score twice to defeat you?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Down at the Lane there is nothing but love.

Not sure I can say I hate any old managers or players… but my god we’ve had our share of useless wallies both on and off the pitch.

Some would argue we still have… cmon AVB just get it in there man… play two up front and stop pussy footing about on the edge of the box.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Newcastle. Joe Kinnear is a joke.

However, I don’t quite understand the full on hatred for Mike Ashley. Yes, he has behaved quite strange at times and made some questionable decisions. However, the club was a financial ruin when he took over, the Sheperds and Halls had took millions out of the club and didn’t provoke the reactions he has.

I am hoping that he can make the club a viable business and then sell out to some mega rich oligarch!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Newcastle – agree with Kinnear as mentioned above but also a bit sick of Cisse. We should have kept Ba for longer, Remy is trying hard and with Cabaye is doing well but Cisse has had no form since only a couple of good starts when he joined. Time he was swapped out for a decent striker.

llama

My family are mad Pompey supporters (I am the exception)

My little niece got a letter sent home from school because she refused to sing ‘oh when the saints’ during assembly. Her mum was dead proud.

ElVino

Not sure I can say I hate any old managers or players… but my god we’ve had our share of useless wallies both on and off the pitch.

George Graham & Sol for most Spurs fans I know.

As a Liverpool fan El Haj Diouf, delighted when Glasgow Rangers signed him, they were made for each other. I also have to confess not to be totally delighted about Suarez

tomhoward

Huddersfield Town

Malvin Kamara. Lightening pace but give him a ball and he was utter tosh. Good at pointing at things though, which was handy as it was all he seemed to do.

Him and Steve Bruce.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

More of a rugby fan but supported (loosely) Chelsea until the Chelski era. Now I love the see them lose especially if Terry is at fault.

But I can’t see how anyone can not hate modern football frankly. The most obvious and grotesque way of money transfer known to modern man. Worse than the poll tax. The most regressive transfer of wealth imaginable combined with money laundering, dodgy financing deals (please can we buy you company and use your money to pay off the debt we need to do it?), fraud and the relatively innocent marketing abuses. And when the scorer kisses the badge in his shirt, do we ignore the loyalty (sic) bonus paid for merely turning up?

Still each to their own. But I would never give my hard earned money to any football club these days.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Football, your club; who do you not like?’ is closed to new replies.