• This topic has 168 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)
  • Football- WHO CARES?
  • hora
    Free Member

We have TWO world champions on the grid in F1. NOT won **** all in football for decades yet everytime we analyse. pour-over the team etc etc like we are actually going to get anywhere?!

Why do some people call you unpatriotic because you feel Germany would be a better team to support?

I stand by my original post from THREE WEEKS AGO on this thread.

atlaz
    Free Member

So why do you care about having two British F1 world champs but not the English team? Only because the former are successful and the latter aren't?

hora
    Free Member

Only because the former are successful and the latter aren't?never are?

I was never a Tim Henman fan either. Funnily the England team are the Tim Henman of the international football world.

sc-xc

Aaaahh, so you only care if there is some success? Interesting. It does make your posts on this matter easier to ignore knowing that.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

hora – England were crap today, there's no denying that, and to be frank, they havent looked that convincing throughout the tournament, but for gods sake, stop crowing about it.

atlaz
    Free Member

I was never a Tim Henman fan either. Funnily the England team are the Tim Henman of the international football world.

Surely following a team is all about sticking with them when times aren't good as well as when they're winning. Are you switching allegiance to Vettel and Redbull this year or just waiting until the last race in the F1 season before you decide who your favourite driver/team is?

Edit – Ah of course, with Hamilton and Button first and second in the championship, no need to switch just yet 🙄

hora
    Free Member

I wasn't born when England won the World Cup.

I always supported brits in F1; Damon Hill and Hamo BEFORE he won his first title 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

The winning Brits then? What about Coulthard, Davidson, Wilson, Herbert, Brundle, Blundell (I might have missed a non-winning British F1 driver there).

hora
    Free Member

Coulthard, Davidson, Wilson, Herbert, Brundle, Blundell

I didn't 'connect' with any of them or like their driving styles. I drifted towards Mika. Especially after he broke down and cried in the forest and the helicopter zoomed in and caught that. Changed my opinion of him.

After that I kinda lost interest in actually cheering a specific driver except for JPM who I really rated in pre-F1…..until Hamo's first race. The boys style said it all to me.

Why not Button? Never really 'liked' him. I do like his professionalism though.

Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Football- WHO CARES?’ is closed to new replies.