Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Football transfers time to start shopping
  • GlitterGary
    Free Member

“Why do you do it? A need to ‘win’? A need to look better than others?”

Sums you up perfectly.

😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Great.

Now have a look at yourself…

Oi, Binners; you keep telling yourself such nonsense. Truth is, you know Liverpool could well be your main rivals next season. I think Chelsea will experience a lot of upheaval and struggle to settle down, Arsenal will play attractive but ultimately fruitless football, Man City could well be a big threat but do they have the right spirit bunch of mercenaries if Tevez goes will they be able to cope well without him?

I don’t think bolton will win the Premier League.

You heard it here first! 😀

GlitterGary
    Free Member

But why don’t you support a London club?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m bored now and won’t answer any more of your silly questions GG. Feel free to continue wasting your own time asking them however if it pleases you. I shall simply ignore you from now on.

binners

City will be our main rivals next season. Mancini’s just a fantasic manager. With a great squad

You may have a decent manager (by Liverpool standards) but you’ve got an awful lot of donkeys that the Fat Spanish Waiter lumbered you with. It needs a good couple of seasons to clear out rebuild a squad. Your not even in Europe, so you can’t expect to attract any truly world class players. You’ll be thereabouts but you’re in cloud cuckoo land if you think you’ll put a realistic title challenge together

I think Chelsea will continue to decline. Which I am absolutely LOVING!!!! No matter now much they spank on players, andwhoever they get in as manager, they’re doomed. Abramovich can’t actually sit back and let a amnager actually ‘manage’.Architects of their own downfall. Its brilliant!!!! 😀

GlitterGary
    Free Member

How is it a silly question? Your Sky Sports carbon copy analysis of the Premier League sums you up.

Nowt interesting to say, because you know nowt about football.

You can dish out the insults, but won’t answer a genuine question that I am interested about. A shame really.

😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s no surprise that Citeh have emerged as contenders, but then, so they should having spent all that money.

Binners; I can’t quite see how you can see Liverpool as ‘deluded’; over the last 4 months, Liverpool have bin only second to Chelsea in terms of form. Beaten the top 3 clubs convincingly. Scored loads of goals.

All that, with a team of ‘donkeys’. 😉

If Dalglish can do that with donkeys, I’d like to see what he could do with a team of thoroughbreds.

I think he’s more like Fergie as a manager; recognises young talent, gives the kids a chance, but has an eye for top players too. I don’t expect miracles next season, but with some shrewd spending in the transfer market, I think he can build the foundations for a proper dynasty once more.

As for not attracting world class players; TBH, we don’t need players like Torres expecting massive wages and instant success. We need players who want to play for Liverpool FC. Fergie has built up a dynasty where the players are proud to pull on the club shirt. Chelsea and Citeh are just squads of millionaires intent on their own personal gain. And which system is the more successful?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You’re not interested though Gary. It’s just about you trying to pin Effin down and “win” an unwinnable argument which you’re failing miserably to do. Yet another footie thread descends into bitching. Mind you, binners has joined in now which means the intellectual level of debate should be low enough for anyone to join in. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Mind you, binners has joined in now which means the intellectual level of debate should be low enough for anyone to join in.

😆

Poor Binners…

binners

What concerns me more than anything Fred, is that with Fergie, Kenny and David Moyes all bitching about refereeing decisions, that Sky Sports coverage could hit some kind of nuclear-style critical meltdown of Scots moany miserableness. With terrifying results 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

elfinsafety is not from liverpool??????

my world has collapsed

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Well, believe that if you will Deadlydarcy – I’m just genuinely interested to know why someone would support a team at the other end of the country, when they have numerous ones on their doorstep.

When Elfins criticised others because of the team they support, I’d expect him to be able to back himself up.

This time, it is sadly not the case. When someone gets all defensive when asked a question, it simply means they’ve got something to hide.

We all know the answer anyway.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I do have family from that region though yossarian, so all is not lost.

And it’s the reason why I’m a Liverpool ‘fayn’, as it’s sort of the only ‘family’ team. Some of the men were Liverpool fayns and would regularly go to matches. When I became interested in footie as a kid, my mum told me about Liverpool fayns in our family, so Liverpool became ‘my’ team. Plus, my favourite player at the time, Kevin Keegan, played for them (media at the time was awash with images of Keegan in a Liverpool shirt). Perfectly good reasons to choose a team, I’d say. Otherwise it could have bin West Ham. 😯 (shudders)

I din’t want to tell GG that though cos it wooduv spoiled the fun… 😉

GlitterGary
    Free Member

“Why do you do it? A need to ‘win’? A need to look better than others?”

And there we have it.

😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Effin, your missus was a Liverpool fan. Then it was Bristol City. Not sure who she’s supporting now though. Last I heard it was someone in green. Yeovil or Plymouth Argyle I think.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mind you, binners has joined in now which means the intellectual level of debate should be low enough for anyone to join in

Ahhh my invitation to join in has just arrived Thanks
    Fans come in many shapes and sized GG
    I know a chelsea fan who has a season ticket home and away and has missed three games in a decade [ childrens birth all of them]
    As he puts it he is a supporter I am a fan [ not of chelsea]. They / you have a point but football is as much about the armchair fan as the ones in the stadium hence why they do tours of Asia and America and all the merchandise. IIRC elfin father was a liverpool fan after 30 + years of support he can call himself a fan if he wishes
    Personally I would generally defer to a supporter but attending matches does not make you less likely to talk rubbish or your views automatically true. Have you seen Fergie interviewed for example
    Liverpool need to be consisitent over a season I am not sure KK has done this yet as the last couple of results show.
    City can buy whomever and I would suspect them to mount a serious challenge
    Chelsea – who knows there or thereabouts
    Arsenal – could drop out of the top 4 but I have thought that for a few years now
    Pool – top 4 would be good anything else a bonus and if they win the league I wil be very surprised indeed
    Man U top two again

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh God why did you have to mention that cah? 🙄

She’d look quite good in green though.

Well, if she had a wash and put a bit of slap on maybe.

No actually she woon’t. What a state. 🙁

Sonor
    Free Member

My newly promoted club has billionaires fighting over it to gain control at the moment, one of them worth more than that Russian at Chelsea and the Dude funding City.

So a relatively small club gets millions spent on it to bring in players on inflated wages all to hopefully achieve mid-table supremecy at best.

It’s going to end in tears.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I thought you were ingoring me Elfins?

Good post edit. 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

phew, thank god for that.

Don’t think where you live is as important these days, sorry GG. Have to say that’s its very easy to have a pop at citeh, but back in the days when they were in the lower leagues playing gillingham etc they commnaded a massive support and its good to see all those loyal fans celebrating now. I haven’t detected any of that arrogance that you get with chelsea supporters. As a good mate of mine (and loyal mcfc supporter) said “we’ve won the fookin lottery, probably win the champions league, then go bust and end up in the conference, it doesn’t matter”. I reckon city fans support their team in the same way that other clubs below the premier league are supported.

Sonor
    Free Member

Arsenal – could drop out of the top 4 but I have thought that for a few years now

I think it will come back to Arsenal, once the Uefa ruling about not spending more than you earn ruling starts to kick in properly.

binners

yossarian – that seems a pretty common thread among my City mates too. They’re a prety grounded bunch. They have to be. They’re waiting for it all to go horribly wrong. As it always does.

I watched the relegation battle scores coming in with the blue contingent yesterday. They were just ecstatic that they weren’t involved. It was a pleasant change for them 🙂 City finished level on points with Chelski. They’ll do better next season. Though they’ll have to adopt to yurpean footy too

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hmm, I dunno. I think Wenger’s time is running out, but who do you replace him with?

That UEFA rule will be stretched, twisted, bent and broken. You can’t change the status quo overnight. Are UEFA going to risk upsetting the likes of Man U, Barca, Real, Milan etc? The big clubs have enormous political clout, and could just break away from UEFa and set up their own governing body.

Money talks…

yossarian
    Free Member

I think Wenger’s time is running out, but who do you replace him with?

Barry Fry

GlitterGary
    Free Member

yossarian – To be fair, I’ve spoken to some Man City fans who have let their recent success go to their heads, but on the whole I’d agree with you about their rather defeatist nature.

Just like Newcastle supporters, never afraid to take the mick out of themselves, despite the perception.

yossarian
    Free Member

on the whole I’d agree with you about their rather defeatist natire.

i think its more supporting a football club for the sake of supporting a football club rather than wanting or needing reflected glory. Your family, your mates, your team no matter what happens.

different mindset innit.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

“i think its more supporting a football club for the sake of supporting a football club rather than wanting or needing reflected glory.”

A bit like Man United fans then? 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Barry Fry

Good call, good call..

How about Venables?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWFXg4GU4ok[/video]

trailmonkey

from all the evidence so far, there doesn’t really seem to be any threat to united winning next years prem as comfortably as they have this year’s.

what’s happened at chelsea is hardly going to help – unless mourinho comes back. city are probably the only real challenge but they’ll have to be drastically more consistent than this year and keep tevez. arsenal will never win the prem playing as they do with the staff they have.

everyone else can scrap for the poison chalice of the europa league spot.

binners

I’m quite enjoying our new ‘poorest club in Manchester’ status anyway, to be honest. We’re like a small south American nation now. Absolutely flat broke, crippled with obscene debt repayments, and colonised by profiteering Americans.

Still winning though.

Ah well…. We may be able to pick up the odd former Blackpool player in the summer

Bring on Barca!!!! 😀

voodoo_chile

Liverpool were awful on sunday ,so inconsistent it is unreal real sign of quality side is when they grind out results week after week be it top six side or league cup tie on a wet and windy night at northampton town in January
    Man United are the team we all aspire to emulate even though they have just taken our record of league titles away from us !!

…and yes I live in Liverpool 🙂

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

As a spurs fan I have been paying attention to Liverpool of late. They will do amazingly well to get a top 6/7 finish next season. Thats not belittling them because i beleiev Spurs will struggle for top 6 as well. Reasons for this are

1) Liverpool have had a good honeymoon period with Dalgliesh. Its to be expected and they spent big in Jan. Next season they will be a bit like spurs. Able to fight the big boys one to one, but unable to mount a realistic serious challenge.

2) I expect Everton are due a better start to a season and this will give them a foundation for 7/6/5 place

3) Spurs will spend again and our forwards cant missfire any worse than this season. Imagine a 20+ scorer for spurs and we will be a lot stronger (Ie Defoe – Not crouch)

The top two will be Man U & Man C. After that i expect chelski will spend again and get 3rd. IMO you then have a slightly fragile Arsenal for 4th IF they manage to replace Fabregas/Nasri and buy a keeper/centre half etc etc. I dont think they will manage it so next season there is gonna be an almighty scrap for 4/5/6/7 and it could go right to the wire for that CL spot.

Oh and am i the only person who thinks Charlie Adams will become another 1 season wonder? Yes he has done some fantastic things this season. But that happens every season. Its ok looking amazing for Blackpool, but put him in a midfield where he isnt the star and see if he can ‘rise up’. I wouldnt really want him at spurs as i feel it would be £5-£10m badly spent on a player who doesnt even look like a top footballer. He’s a solid lad for sure. Scott Parker on the other hand……

1) Man City
    2) Man U
    3) Chelski
    4) Spurs (I have to)
    5) Arsenal
    6) Everton
    7) Liverpool

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Modric is not for sale
    Modric is not for sale
    Modric is not for sale (i hope)

Pav, Peter and Defoe are all yours… in fact BOGOF

or will swap for another centre back.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

1) Man City
    2) Man U
    3) Chelski
    4) Spurs (I have to)
    5) Arsenal
    6) Everton
    7) Liverpool

Don’t be daft.

🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

I mean Liverpool in the top 10
    City will win it one day ,as they have the money. However, I think next year is still too early as European football and a league challenge will take some doing on the first attempt.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah yeah whateva…. 🙄

We’ll see. We’ll see….

Junkyard
    Free Member

Oh elfin you know I would rather see a team with the history and satnding of Liverpool as a big club that those will much lesser traditions bankrolled by a foreign owner.
    Obviously I prefer a painful second to Man U but I dont hate Liverpool they are still one of the biggest teams in European /world football. Seeing them struggle is like seeing Real madrid, Milan ajax etc struggle…it gives me no joy. Still think a fair way to go and challenging for Europe/champs league is a good result next year.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Liverpool have had a terrible, turbulent season and still finished 6th. With a squad full of ‘donkeys’ apparently. And injuries to key players for most of the season, without suitable cover.

So, a much more stable Liverpool, with a handful of new signings, won’t do any better? You really think so?

Believe what you want. Don’t blame me when you’re wrong…

Realistically, I think a top four finish is well within their reach, and possibly a tin pot. League title? Hmm, would need everyone else to have bad seasons tbh. I think top spot is just a tad too optimistic, but we’ll be a lot closer. TBH, I think we’ll have just as good a chance as Arsenal, Spuds or even Chelsea. I think it will be hard to keep Manchester in sight.

Junkyard
    Free Member

consistency is the key you have always been as good on a one off as those you mention manu played baldy have a poor team by their [recent] standards. the won the league by 9 point made CL final and did not concede an away goal.
    Could happen but it would need to be a good season I would not expect it but yes it might happen.

trailmonkey

Realistically, I think a top four finish is well within their reach

the only people who would think that are liverpool fans. come pre season the dalglish honeymoon will be well and truly over that’s if it isn’t already given yesterdays defeat against an average villa. the grim reality is that liverpool are still fulham with 2 world class players. way too much dead wood to trim and replace within a pre sesason.

suarez was a fantastic piece of business and a wonderful player but ultimately, he’ll be at man city or chelsea within 2 years, he’s too good not to be playing in the ecl.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Football transfers time to start shopping’ is closed to new replies.