Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Football tickets, where to get them
  • milkyman
    Free Member

I don’t really like the game and last went to a match when I was about 11, Im now 48
    but any how this is not about me, Id like to treat some one a big city fan to watch the next Manchester derby city v utd.

I think its on the 28th April, I have no Idea where to buy tickets and I guess there isn’t many about, so can any one point me in the right direction to get them if possible

I would need 2 adult tickets and poss. 3 one person is 17 at collage so guessing he would have to go as an adult, the other lad is 12.

so 3 adult tickets and a child
    thanks for any help
    Craig

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Contact a couple of supporters clubs (it’s Manure and Citeh, wherever you are in England, there will be some nearby, except mibbe Manchester…)

binners

4 tickets for one of the biggest games of the season? When not registered with the supporters clubs already?

Sorry fella, but you’ve got absolutely zero chance of getting those through legitimate channels.

And with the demand for match tickets for massive games like that, through dodgy channels they’ll be going for eye-watering sums of money.

Does it have to be the Manchester Derby? Or a ‘big game’. This season I’ve been to Old Trafford for Europa League and Premiership games, and Anfield (with a scouse mate) for FA cup and Premiership games, and it was good, but another mate took me to the Burnley v Crystal Palace game at Turf Moor, and it was the most enjoyable game I’ve been too in ages. Smaller ground, fantastic atmosphere. And the full VIP jolly with a tour of the ground, pre-match meal, the lot, will cost you less than those derby tickets

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep, very little chance. Go for a different game or if you have no team go for different game (maybe an entertaining one)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mate of mine from Glasgow wanted to take his boy to see Chelski, tried all sorts of roots, registered with club, etc, all the usual sites, couldn’t get seats together…

Contacted a local who runs a (Rangers) supporters club – ‘Any chance you could get me tix for Chelski v Sunderland next weekend’ – ‘Sorry, next week is too early, how about Chelski v Arsenal in a few weeks?’

Worth asking is all I’m saying.

MSP

Yep, very little chance. Go for a different game or if you have no team go for different game (maybe an entertaining one)

I don’t think anyone who has watched city against another big club this season would predict a dull game.

milkyman
    Free Member

thanks for your help, your right not a chance unless I have more money than sense which I haven’t,
    will look at some smaller games in the future, thanks again

sillysilly
    Free Member

If you want to take them to their fave club but don’t have budget for 4x markup on Derby day it is worth looking for matches that often draw / are uneventful / are not that important earlier in the season. Even for big clubs it can be much easier to get tkts for these games without the usual crazy markup from resellers. Sometimes for a fan just seeing their fave team live can be an awesome experience, without spending way over the odds for the important / in demand games. Also, try getting a bit chatty at work with the receptionist, or other person that knows everyone. Finding out who has a season tkt but is on holiday / can’t make an away game can get you good results.

loddrik
    Free Member

Be like me and be on the season ticket wait list for 18 years. Finally got my 2 season tickets for this season and am taking my 11 year old daughter to see the Bournemouth game tonight. She’s very excited!!!

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

My boy loves his football. I’d picked up tickets for Man City v’s West Brom (22nd April) for only £52 for the two of us. Unfortunately it’s been postponed due to City being in the FA Cup Semi Final.

We had already booked a Premier Inn as we are travelling down from Ayrshire…a bit of a gamble I know. So not wanting to lose out and being a tight Scot we are now going to Burnley V’s Man U on Sunday 23rd April (£45) I’m actually more looking forward to that fixture.

eskay

You’ll pay through the nose, but if you are intent on going to that match have a look on viagogo.

We have bought Barcelona, real Madrid, juventus and psg tickets through them. Ok for a one off/special occasion.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’d be willing to bet there’s corporate packages if money is no option, and you enjoy getting ripped off! 😆

Failing that as mentioned, ask around people you know, supporters club and the likes, there’s always tickets going about, just need to ask the right people. Problem is finding those people.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Football tickets, where to get them’ is closed to new replies.