Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Football match (warning smuness content)
  • juan
    Free Member

You are not singing now 😈 😈

To be fair I couldn’t give a rat’s ass about the football match result.
    BUT and this is a very big but, I wouldbe daft to miss an opportunity for some banter 😉

iDave
    Free Member

my prediction was that france would score twice then shrug a bit and lose interest…. allez les bleus

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I suspect that France who are otherwise a bunch of cheating See You Next Tuesdays were just really up for this one because playing england is everyone’s “big” game. I fail to find pleasure in any victory of Les Cheats.

Junkyard
    Free Member

playing england is Everyone’s “big” game

A the good old english arrogance being mocked ..yes clearly their international record makes them the team to beat now and for always. Portugal were gutted they had to make do with beating current world and european champions Spain when they could have proved it against a BIG team like them 🙄

iDave
    Free Member

deadly, he ^^ just called you ‘english’…..

I’ll hold your coat…

Junkyard
    Free Member

edit what edit 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m going to give him chance to think about what he’s said 8)

DezB
    Free Member

Strange how much “up for” a friendly game the French were, compared to their World Cup performance, like.

yossarian
    Free Member

I thought the french played pretty well last night. That ,combined with England playing second stringers, makes the result predictable.

I guess the french need to get some sporting pride from somewhere, even if its a meaningless friendly.

Who’d have thought that the brits would have eclipsed the french in all forms of cycling?

c’est la vie 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have thought about it and I , despite sounding english and having lived here for far too long, have been called English before….what a hurtful slur. I mean I can attend football matches get drunk and still not make war references, sing racist songs or cry because we lost to a much better team. I therefore offer a full and grovelling apology for the clear offense I have caused and hope that you will forgive me.

juan
    Free Member

lets keep it lighty guys 😉 I don’t want this thread to degenerate at the usual football ones (I shall point that I only heard the resuslt this morning at the LBS)

iDave
    Free Member

ok, thing is. how many ‘top’ english players leave to play in other top leagues? bloody hardly any, that’s how many…

how many in seria a, la ligua, bundesliga?

almost none. none even.

what’s my point? england were beaten last night. i don’t know my point, but i’m right. english players have no inner drive to expose themselves to new environments which could make them better players. they treat it like a job, not a vocation. they fear change.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeez Junkyard, for once, lighten up will you 😕

molgrips
    Free Member

Where are you from then Junkyard?

Junkyard
    Free Member

that was me being light hearted 😳
    Is it not obvious?
    Do I always need to put a 😉 in when I say something sarcy?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Shakes Junkyard’s hand (with a concealed buzzer).

EDIT: Just noticed YOUR edit. Withdraws from conciliation talks. 😛

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

See? I said last night, that the priority should’ve been to win the game. Capello should’ve fielded the strongest team possible, got the win.

FFS; now, we have to suffer the humiliation of being beaten by the weakest French side in donkey’s years.

AND HAVE BLOODY JUAN LAUGHING AT US.

At home, to a comparatively poor French side, and we lose. Doesn’t Capello get it?

Get Redknapp warmed up…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

BUT, BUT, RIGHT:

London’s better than Paris, admit French.

See that Juan? Eh?

Better.

I’m not smug though; I’ve known this all along.

So there.

Pook

What’s smuness? Didn’t he used to manage Liverpool and Rangers?

juan
    Free Member

LOL at elfinsafety you really can’t help it can you 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Better.

surfer
    Free Member

Capello should’ve fielded the strongest team possible, got the win.

Instead he relied on a midfield stalwart while a couple of prima donas went off with fictitious injuries, now we are without him for 4 weeks 🙄

Waste of time.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Football match (warning smuness content)’ is closed to new replies.