Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Footage from the STW Quantocks Ride 21/03/09
  • forge197
    Free Member

I put together a video of a few bits and piece’s that we rode on Saturday, it can be viewed in HQ, it’s my first attempt at putting together a number of videos into a sequence normally I just upload a whole load of stuff, I am no film editor as will be clearly seen, the sound track is natural (no music) It’s 9:30 long but summarises the day well (in my opinon).

STW Quantocks Footage

knottie8
    Free Member

works internet is too slow to watch it…darn. It will have to wait until I get home. Oh hang on my home internet went wrong this morning too ! Grrrr

slugwash
    Free Member

Nice one Forge! Did you speed up the footage a fraction ‘cos I didn’t realise that we were moving so fast?

forge197
    Free Member

No the footage is all real time.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Looks good! I’m in love with the Qs. All those clicky hubs make it sound like Greece with ciccadas. I like all the footage of Scream River too.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Really good and reminiscent of my best days on the Qs. Bit peeved I could not join in. I thought your editing was good; well done.

sharki
    Free Member

nice.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Well that’s made me jealous again! but hopefully I’ll be back up there riding tomorrow morning.
    Didn’t you do the Chimney as well?

forge197
    Free Member

I opted out of the Chimney as my legs and arms were letting me know that they had done plenty!!

jacksta
    Free Member

great Video, which way did you go from the bottom of Weacombe combe?

crispybacon
    Free Member

Forge – great vid mate & I’m glad your ‘pit-stop’ behind the tree didn’t make the final cut 😀

jacksta – we turned right, went through a gate & climbed up a fireroad, turned right again & came out @ West Quantockshead car park.

forge197
    Free Member

crispy I heard you all debating about the remote, there is no chance of it working from that distance. It doesn’t work to well through the water and stuff in the camelbak so knew I was safe, also it beeps to tell me it’s started or stopped recording. 😉

oldfart

Top work fella!! Next time can you be in our group. 😛

aleigh
    Free Member

That’s a great video – although I didn’t do that route it still reminds me of the fun I had 🙂

sm500
    Free Member

Fantastic, well done, again reminding me of a great day out great company, an scrap rider falling over in the river, had that laugh all over again! i am glad ya pit stop didnt make the final cut,) well done bud

dobo
    Free Member

looks great, i want to go there now, couldnt make this one.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Top vid forge!!
    remind me to move to the Q’s – it appears all the riding is downhill!

duntmatter
    Free Member

I enjoyed that vid a lot. Nice one!

forge197
    Free Member

The beauty of the edit it takes all the up hill away. believe me there are some nice climbs there 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

i’ll try to plan another mid summer, but with 2 days of riding more breaks but more miles, bbq in the evening and same again on the sunday.

Accomodation for up to 24 can be sorted.

oldfart

That sounds good when do you expect to be fit to go again then?

sharki
    Free Member

dunno, but i’ll dothe organising even if i can’t ride, reckon i could manage flippin some burgers, if not.
    And mince about by foot taking picsa and filming it.

marsdenman
    Free Member

<makes note to keep an eye out for sharki’s offer> 😀

<makes another note to start the commute – ie get out riding!!!>

aleigh
    Free Member

sounds like a plan sharki – hope i can make it!

forge197
    Free Member

Be great to get another ride in later in the year, I am sure there is plenty we didn’t see.

RichPenny
    Free Member

:holds bowl out:

Please sir, can I have some more (quantocks singletrack)

mefster
    Free Member

Great video. Being at the other end of the country I’ve ony managed one day out in the Quantocks but seems like a great compact mountain bike ‘playground’!

Couple of questions for the regulars: Is the downhill starting at about 2 mins 9 seconds the same one that links to the woods section at 6 mins 10? And does this section then lead past the really great tea rooms? (Are they still open? I remember hearing they were being sold.) I seem to remember a great, long down hill, but I’m not sure if my memory is combining a few different sections.

forge197
    Free Member

No idea on the downhills but the tea room is now closed as that was pointed out by our guide on the “tour” 🙂

ETA – just looked at the two points you mention and still don’t know, think the first one was after lunch so down from the “post” the second is after the log jump which was up hill turn left 🙂

scraprider
    Free Member

wahay nice vid m8 , a great day out ,with some great people, hope to do it again , minus the swimming bit. cheers

aleigh
    Free Member

there was swimming….how did i miss that!

jam-bo

no. 2.09 is weacombe. 6.10 is stert/somerton combe which eventually ends up down in hodders combe which used to have stellas tearooms at the bottom.

mefster
    Free Member

Thanks jam bo. I’ll make a note for next time I’m down.

cinnamon_girl

forge – am still getting this problem of freezing, every 5 seconds in fact. Any ideas anyone pretty please?

forge197
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – can you watch other you tube videos?

cinnamon_girl

forge – I used to be able to but now keep getting this freezing problem with YouTube. Could it be GoogleEarth that I uploaded recently?

devs
    Free Member

Which browser you watching in CG? For starters I would get the latest versions of flash and java from adobe.com and java.com respectively. Do a windows update until you are on the latest version of everything there too. I had this problem on certain versions of Opera but later updates cured it. And Firefox but ditto.

forge197
    Free Member

CG – drop me an e-mail if you need any help with what Devs is suggesting.

knottie8
    Free Member

nice video of a nice day out.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Footage from the STW Quantocks Ride 21/03/09’ is closed to new replies.