Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Foot-tappers in the office
  • pondo

I don’t know if we have particularly flimsy floors, but there’s a bloke on my pod who taps his foot all day long and it makes the whole desk vibrate, all day long. Does anyone else have this and, if so, so it drive you mad too, or is it just because he’s an unlikeable twunt that it bothers me?

jamiep
    Free Member

sniffers in the office

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I’m only doing it because it upsets you…

I guess that means it doesn’t bother me.

I sit next to the entrance to the gents, and trust me, that is far worse, I literally cannot wait to move desks.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cbmotorsport
    Free Member

sniffers in the office

This.

It’s good to be the boss, I just go to the toilet and come back with a toilet roll and put it on their desk in front of them and walk off. Works a treat.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Noisy folks on the phone… We really do not want to hear about how chuffing ammmmazballs you are at what you are pretending/attempting to do…

Blenders the lot of em’ 🙄

Forge_Master
    Free Member

Don’t get me started, i don’t have a foot tapper but i do have a bloody keyboard banger!

All day long hitting keys like his Elton bloody John.It drives me insane.

emsz
    Free Member

Girl next to me hums. All day. Tunelessly.

I want to hurt her 👿

brakes
    Free Member

people with handsfree phones walking around the office when they’re on a call… even worse a conference call. and they’re NOT EVEN going anywhere, they’re just strolling up and down NEXT TO MY DESK GO AWAY!!!!
    I wish I had some sort of jamming device that would break the signal.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yep … but its me

They call me Happy Feet

“Oi Happy Feet turn it in”

Makes me aware of it and I’ll stop

Give it a try with your friend

DezB
    Free Member

I got to choose the office layout. Who sits in my quad was my choice 🙂

We really do not want to hear about how chuffing ammmmazballs you are at what you are pretending/attempting to do…

One of these nearby though 🙁

notlocal
    Free Member

I work with another paramedic who chews his fingers all the time. Not the nails, as they’re mostly gone, but his finger tips. The noise is excruciating. Filthy man in general, the messroom looks like it has hosted a kids birthday party after his shift. Dirty cups and food all over the kitchen worktops and floor. The driving controls in the car get extra cleaning after he’s been on duty.

chvck
    Free Member

I occasionally foot-tap but the desks are quite high so I don’t tend to hit it and I stop when I realise what I’m doing. The thing that gets me shouted at with “STOP DOING THAT” is cracking my knuckles.

ads678

Noisy eaters are the worse for me. Cannot stand people eating with their mouth open. I’ve just left a company where i was sandwiched between two for them only to be sat next to one in my new job!!

The guy I sit next to now is deaf though i can forgive him a bit. And we’re shuffling the office round over Christmas so that’s good.

allthepies
    Free Member

Sniffers, eating with mouth open, hawking up “stuff” every few minutes. Oh the joy of working with Indian colleagues.

jekkyl

why do people feel the need to comment on your lunch?
    ‘Oh you’re having chicken today?’ and they crane their neck to have a to look. Sometimes they’ll tell others ‘Oh Michael’s got spicy chicken’
    and the other innane idiot work colleague will stand up and look over their PC to look at your spicy chicken and say
    ‘Oh that looks nice’ and I’ll mumble with a mouthful of spicy chicken ‘it is, nom nom nom’

cheers_drive

Our team moved desk at work and we soon noticed that the floor oscillated quite a bit, to the extent that some people felt seasick. After a few weeks of this someone realised that it didn’t happen when I was away from my desk and it was me jiggling my leg that caused it 😳
    I honestly didn’t have a clue I was doing it.

njee20
    Free Member

why do people feel the need to comment on your lunch?
    ‘Oh you’re having chicken today?’ and they crane their neck to have a to look. Sometimes they’ll tell others ‘Oh Michael’s got spicy chicken’
    and the other innane idiot work colleague will stand up and look over their PC to look at your spicy chicken and say
    ‘Oh that looks nice’ and I’ll mumble with a mouthful of spicy chicken ‘it is, nom nom nom’

I think smelly food is one of the worst – perhaps it’s some sort of passive agression…?

core

We have a cougher/throat scraper in the office, this old woman who works on admin, regularly sounds like she’s going to bring up a fur ball, or choke to death, it’s grim.

We’ve only fairly recently moved and some of our gang are getting increasingly fed up with her, so the comments are getting louder and more direct every time she does it, best so far is “someone fetch the shotgun”………..

GrahamS

*hand up* I’m a foot-tapper too.

Sorry. 😳

I honestly don’t realise I’m doing it. It’s a completely auto-pilot thing. I just sit it on the nerve and it bounces up and down.

retro83
    Free Member

On a related note: people who kick the back of your seat on flights/in the cinema. I HOPE YOUR NEXT POO IS A PINEAPPLE!

bigyinn
    Free Member

I have a noisy eater in the office, hearing him eat an apple is like listening to someone eat rice through a straw.

brakes
    Free Member

people who kick the back of your seat on flights

also, when they have to stand up they grab the headrest of your chair to lift themselves up, springboarding you forward when they let go. *************ERS!

scruff
    Free Member

Change or keys in pocket janglers. 👿

Walking about clicking fingers. 👿

bikebouy
    Free Member

Anyone have a scrolling mouse “zipper” ??
    All I hear all day is “vvvrrrrr, vrrr, vrrrrrrr,vvvvvvrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,vr”
    Use the chuffing scroll bar you blender 🙄

chvck
    Free Member

Why would you use the scrollbar if you have a mouse wheel?!

kedmun
    Free Member

I have the ‘pleasure’ of working with the most annoying person I will possibly ever meet…and it sounds like a mixture of what most people find annoying in an office…

Constant, loud, throat-rattling sneezing
    Chest vibrating coughing with phlegm
    Sloppy, mouth-open chewing/pulverising of breakfast which is multiple slices of toast brought in from home! The dryness seems to make it worse.
    Slurping of tea followed by an “AAAhhhh” noise after every sip
    Insanely loud heckling at emails until someone goes “Oh…what’s so funny?”
    Microwave meals that smell like someones scraped year old cheese off a fat sweaty man to make the office smell oh so nice e.g. Tesco cauliflower cheese for 2…

The list may as well go on. Thank god she has meetings most days or I think I would have quit by now…or stabbed her… 🙄

edlong
    Free Member

We’ve only fairly recently moved and some of our gang are getting increasingly fed up with her, so the comments are getting louder and more direct every time she does it, best so far is “someone fetch the shotgun”……….

Perhaps you and your “gang” might like to pause to think about how it might feel for “this old woman”. From how you’ve worded it, it sounds like bullying to me.

Travis

Noisy food eaters.
    Coughers etc….
    Urm I’m in China, has England changed that much?

Sorry to say that Foot tappers in China are looked down upon, it’s considered a psychological impairment here

mogrim

… and thankfully people don’t generally eat in the office here in Spain.

Foot tapping, however…

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Foot-tappers in the office’ is closed to new replies.